lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #11
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,030
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
OK, hooold on. So I have read all the 12 to 6 conversion threads about cutting the tub and such. I had made my mind up to buy 4 new 12's. I do have the bucket with the tow/run switch on the back wall. So I can just drop the 6 8v batteries in? How do I go about changing the battery hold downs? I am all ears on this now!
Yes they'll drop right in it. I always tell my customers on the phone the easiest way to tell is to look and see where the serial number location is. If it's in the passenger side dash you're stuck with 12s unless you want to spend big money to convert. If it's on the passenger side plastic kick panel next to the passenger's right foot then you're good to go. That car will hold 8 volt batteries without further modification. Here's what you need.......

OEM Part number - 103374801 - Battery Hold Down Prec. i2 6x8V

You'll need two of them. Order them from a site sponsor or a dealer. Won't cost much. Use the same hold-down rod that's already in it. There's a piece of plastic down in the bottom of the bucket now that's only used with 12's. It's just there to keep them from sliding around. It will need to be removed, but lucky for you it's just snapped into place. Just give it a little tug and throw it away. That's the only modification you'll need to make.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
Gone Wild
 
1970buick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: maryland
Posts: 750
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

How many of these will I need? #103374801
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #13
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
How many of these will I need? #103374801
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yes they'll drop right in it. I always tell my customers on the phone the easiest way to tell is to look and see where the serial number location is. If it's in the passenger side dash you're stuck with 12s unless you want to spend big money to convert. If it's on the passenger side plastic kick panel next to the passenger's right foot then you're good to go. That car will hold 8 volt batteries without further modification. Here's what you need.......

OEM Part number - 103374801 - Battery Hold Down Prec. i2 6x8V

You'll need two of them. Order them from a site sponsor or a dealer. Won't cost much. Use the same hold-down rod that's already in it. There's a piece of plastic down in the bottom of the bucket now that's only used with 12's. It's just there to keep them from sliding around. It will need to be removed, but lucky for you it's just snapped into place. Just give it a little tug and throw it away. That's the only modification you'll need to make.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,584
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

I have a 2010 but I think the battery compartment is the same, You can see the hold downs holding 3 batteries each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery_compartment.jpg (270.3 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #15
Gone Wild
 
scooterman's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 1,642
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Sweet now I just need to find a sponsor that has these, I didn't know that there was an inner tray to hold the 12s because that wouldn't work. This is a good thing for me also, one less issue to deal with.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #16
Gone Wild
 
1970buick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: maryland
Posts: 750
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I have a 2010 but I think the battery compartment is the same, You can see the hold downs holding 3 batteries each.
Thanks for the picture, it helps me visualize! Glad this came up as I was headed the 4x12v route this weekend! Another win for being a member of BGW.
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #17
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,910
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
Thanks for the picture, it helps me visualize! Glad this came up as I was headed the 4x12v route this weekend! Another win for being a member of BGW.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #18
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 82
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Thanks David for clarifying that the box does not need to be modified to hold the 6 8s. The next question concerns the wiring. With my 12s, I have turn signals, brake lights, horn and headlights. How,does the conversion impact this? Do I need a 48-12 converter? Thanks for all replies.
tvj503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #19
Old Sky Soldier
 
mrgolf's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,982
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

If you are running your lights etc off one of your 12 volt batteries. Yes you will need a 48 to 12 volt converter. Scotty B has nice ones. (Site sponsor).
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #20
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,030
Default Re: conversion from 12 to (6) 8volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvj503 View Post
Thanks David for clarifying that the box does not need to be modified to hold the 6 8s. The next question concerns the wiring. With my 12s, I have turn signals, brake lights, horn and headlights. How,does the conversion impact this? Do I need a 48-12 converter? Thanks for all replies.
Either a 16 to 12 for two batteries or a 48 to 12 for the entire pack. Totally your call.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
'07 Club Car Precedent 12-8volt Conversion Electric Club Car
interstate 8volt leaking Electric Club Car
8volt vs 6volt battery conversion Electric Club Car
How long should 8volt batteries last? Electric Club Car
2006 8volt. Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.