lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 7
Default Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

I picked up a stock 93 Club Car DS that I would like to upgrade for hunting and use around the farm. I know I want to lift it and change the tires, but I also would like to upgrade the speed capabilities at some point. Any suggestions?
jmharris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,889
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Welcome to BGW, and congrats on the cart!
One recommendation: get with scottyb at Carts Unlimited.
Tell him what you want to do, and he will set you up...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
gumpbuck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 220
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Welcome to BGW, and congrats on the cart!
One recommendation: get with scottyb at Carts Unlimited.
Tell him what you want to do, and he will set you up...
I agree! Here are a few of my suggestions for upgrades to make it a hunting buggy:
*6 in lift. I have a Jakes spindle kit but some of the A arm kits look nice too.
*upgraded motor and controler for speed and torque. Go at least 500 amps
*Upgrade your cables to at least 4ga and add a HD F&R switch.
*mudflaps
*flip seat for the back.
*vinyl camo wrap. Check out Mossy Oak Graphics.
*Reducer system for your lamps and accesories.
Green LED running lamps for getting to the stand, in the dark, without spooking game.
*Digital volt meter
*vertical gun rack
Etc, etc, etc.......

Watch your pocket book, this stuff can get out of control. Focus on performance upgrades first......
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpbuck View Post
I agree! Here are a few of my suggestions for upgrades to make it a hunting buggy:
*6 in lift. I have a Jakes spindle kit but some of the A arm kits look nice too.
*upgraded motor and controler for speed and torque. Go at least 500 amps
*Upgrade your cables to at least 4ga and add a HD F&R switch.
*mudflaps
*flip seat for the back.
*vinyl camo wrap. Check out Mossy Oak Graphics.
*Reducer system for your lamps and accesories.
Green LED running lamps for getting to the stand, in the dark, without spooking game.
*Digital volt meter
*vertical gun rack
Etc, etc, etc.......

Watch your pocket book, this stuff can get out of control. Focus on performance upgrades first......

Yeah I'm figuring out the pocketbook part real quick! That's why I'm trying to decide priorities on what to do first.

Is a new motor a requirement when upgrading to a new controller? Where's the best places to buy this equipment from?
jmharris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 7
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Also can I have a feasible hunting cart with just the stock motor and controller?
jmharris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 150
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

I tried it. Wasn't enough torque for me. For hunting you need more torque than speed.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,889
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmharris23 View Post
Also can I have a feasible hunting cart with just the stock motor and controller?
Is yours a controller cart?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Jake, it likely is, there are 36 volt 93s and 94s out there with controllers, just seems like you rarely see em in the wild anymore though.

jmharris, a LOT of people upgrade their cables to heavier ones (a MUST if you want to go with a bigger controller for the torque a hunting cart needs) and get a 500 amp or so controller, and convert to 48 volt. Your stock motor will run beautifully on 48 volts, and give it a 33% increase in speed and torque over stock. (Plus save you a big chunk of coin) You'll also need a HD F/R switch to handle the load, and a HD solenoid. Talk to Scottyb at Cartsunlimited, he's the guru when it comes to upgrades, and even offers packages with all the stuff I mentioned bundled together.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #9
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 266
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

White lights will work just fine. Deer will hold still and you can get a better shot. Green isn't bright enough.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #10
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: Help Upgrading a 93 Club Car for hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatten View Post
White lights will work just fine. Deer will hold still and you can get a better shot. Green isn't bright enough.
Bright white spotlight works best, for best results shine directly in the eyes.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Club Car Hunting Cart Lifted Golf Carts
Upgrading a 1999 Club Car DS to 48v Electric Club Car
Upgrading the Club Car! Lifted Golf Carts
recommendations on upgrading 2001 club car ds Electric Club Car
Modified Hunting Club Car Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.