lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
WRONG ..you need to do daily, weekly, monthly,and yearly maintenance on your cart
I understand basic maintenance quite well as a ship engineer I'm not quite stupid....

For all intent and purpose I've had the cart for one week before it was all but parked. Should the cart have rolled off the pallet with 42 volts on the battery meter? Should the batteries on a newly refurbished cart have needed water after at best 2 hours of use?

Thanks your quite helpful....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #12
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: charger question

Check the date code on the batteries. It should be located on either the positive or negative post on each battery. An example is A8 = January of 2008
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 10:36 AM   #13
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Check the date code on the batteries. It should be located on either the positive or negative post on each battery. An example is A8 = January of 2008
On the post itself? Thank you for the info on date coding the batteries...

I will be diving into this as soon as I get home from ship next week to find out if I've got low water, weak cells, battery or batteries as if this thing can't go a month without water being added to the cells then I've made a serious mistake in buying an electric cart for the wife and I to play with as I'm gone for at least 4 weeks at a time....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
On the post itself? Thank you for the info on date coding the batteries...

I will be diving into this as soon as I get home from ship next week to find out if I've got low water, weak cells, battery or batteries as if this thing can't go a month without water being added to the cells then I've made a serious mistake in buying an electric cart for the wife and I to play with as I'm gone for at least 4 weeks at a time....
Next to where there is the threaded post itself, there is a flat metal circle that is connected to the post itself. The date code is located there. There is a good chance that the water in the batteries is boiling out when charging. Usually there is more water boiled when the batteries are older. If you find an issue with the batteries, I'd talk to the seller about warranty replacement
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #15
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Next to where there is the threaded post itself, there is a flat metal circle that is connected to the post itself. The date code is located there. There is a good chance that the water in the batteries is boiling out when charging. Usually there is more water boiled when the batteries are older. If you find an issue with the batteries, I'd talk to the seller about warranty replacement
Will do; thanks.....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: charger question

. . . only use distilled water in batteries . . . only add water AFTER a charge cycle . . . only add sufficient water to cover plates in cells with 1/4 inch of water . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #17
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . only use distilled water in batteries . . . only add water AFTER a charge cycle . . . only add sufficient water to cover plates in cells with 1/4 inch of water . . .
Thanks... Ahead of the curve on that one; we care for several battery banks on board ship that are kept on chargers 24/7/365
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #18
Dazed & Confused
 
crash test dummy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Z-HELLS FL
Posts: 14,035
Default Re: charger question

i've seen some ship batteries that you can eat off of ..then some you need a hazmat suit to get near

crash test dummy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 07:32 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
teecro's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sunset Bay, TN
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: charger question

Turns out that least 3 of the battery were shot in that they will self discharge within a few days to less than 5 volts and the other 3 are barely holding their head above 8.3 volts. So they have all been replaced with a new set of Crown 165 batteries. It's great seeing 100 % charge and better on the voltage meter as the old battery only held at best 50 volts.

Installed new PQ Executioner motor but have not had much time to test but did pull 24 MPH in our hilly hood.

Will do a set of 2 gauge cables soon too.

Now I do have an odd issue of when you press the go pedal the cart will sometimes go just fine but sometimes it will retard and slow and/or stop, if you let off and try again it may or may not do the same a few times more. What gives?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #20
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,408
Default Re: charger question

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Turns out that least 3 of the battery were shot in that they will self discharge within a few days to less than 5 volts and the other 3 are barely holding their head above 8.3 volts. So they have all been replaced with a new set of Crown 165 batteries. It's great seeing 100 % charge and better on the voltage meter as the old battery only held at best 50 volts.

Installed new PQ Executioner motor but have not had much time to test but did pull 24 MPH in our hilly hood.

Will do a set of 2 gauge cables soon too.

Now I do have an odd issue of when you press the go pedal the cart will sometimes go just fine but sometimes it will retard and slow and/or stop, if you let off and try again it may or may not do the same a few times more. What gives?
Sounds like an MCOR issue
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Charger question Electric Club Car
CC Charger question Electric Club Car
charger question Electric EZGO
Question about a charger Electric EZGO
charger question Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.