lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #21
Not Yet Wild
 
Gamingit7's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 28
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Lets get some concrete information. What is the throttle input signal from the cart? Can you ohm it out and post the results? I think this is the first step toward a solution here.
So I was able to do a test this weekend on the throttle, and what I came up with is a reading of 0 at rest and 4200 to 4500 at full throttle. I know that it is not properly adjusted for full throttle as it does not go make a good connection to last pad in the box. Below is the test process that I followed.

Test Procedure - Multi-step Potentiometer (from the 1998-99 Service Manual)

1. Disconnect the battery cables (negative cable first) and then disconnect the six-pin connector at multistep potentiometer. Remove switch cover by pressing down on locking tabs.

2. With multimeter set for 20K ohms, connect black (-) lead of multimeter to purple wire terminal end (located in six-pin connector on potentiometer). Connect red (+) probe to yellow wire terminal end.

3. Depress the accelerator pedal until wiper switch movable contact is on third stationary contact. Multimeter should register approximately 565 ohms.

4. Measure resistance while depressing the accelerator pedal. The measured resistance should increase incrementally in six steps:

1st Step: 910 ohms (approx.)
2nd Step: 1660 ohms (approx.)
3rd Step: 2570 ohms (approx.)
4th Step: 3570 ohms (approx.)
5th Step: 4570 ohms (approx.)
6th Step: 5570 ohms (approx.)

5. If the resistance steps were not correct and the accelerator pedal is properly adjusted, then replace multi-step potentiometer.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks again!
Gamingit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #22
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,079
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

In review - I read the first post and this last post. The cart runs in post #1 if you supply 36v (-) to the solenoid activation circuit. The OBC has failed. Run with the Bypass (-) wire on the Solenoid or replace the OBC, or remove the OBC and get a smart charger.

Cart wont go to full throttle or is jumpy. Reading indicate poor performance. Replace throttle signal sending device. (it's 15 years old- seems inconsistent in use) Possibly replace it with a true 0-5k potentiometer. Modification or conversion kit required.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #23
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,409
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamingit7 View Post
So I was able to do a test this weekend on the throttle, and what I came up with is a reading of 0 at rest and 4200 to 4500 at full throttle. I know that it is not properly adjusted for full throttle as it does not go make a good connection to last pad in the box. Below is the test process that I followed.

Test Procedure - Multi-step Potentiometer (from the 1998-99 Service Manual)

1. Disconnect the battery cables (negative cable first) and then disconnect the six-pin connector at multistep potentiometer. Remove switch cover by pressing down on locking tabs.

2. With multimeter set for 20K ohms, connect black (-) lead of multimeter to purple wire terminal end (located in six-pin connector on potentiometer). Connect red (+) probe to yellow wire terminal end.

3. Depress the accelerator pedal until wiper switch movable contact is on third stationary contact. Multimeter should register approximately 565 ohms.

4. Measure resistance while depressing the accelerator pedal. The measured resistance should increase incrementally in six steps:

1st Step: 910 ohms (approx.)
2nd Step: 1660 ohms (approx.)
3rd Step: 2570 ohms (approx.)
4th Step: 3570 ohms (approx.)
5th Step: 4570 ohms (approx.)
6th Step: 5570 ohms (approx.)

5. If the resistance steps were not correct and the accelerator pedal is properly adjusted, then replace multi-step potentiometer.

Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks again!
You said it flashes 7 times on green upon power-up. That means the controller is programmed for a 5k-0 throttle. You have a 0-5k throttle. The controller must be reprogrammed for your throttle input
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #24
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 458
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
You said it flashes 7 times on green upon power-up. That means the controller is programmed for a 5k-0 throttle. You have a 0-5k throttle. The controller must be reprogrammed for your throttle input
That Club Car should have a 5k-0 throttle to matches the controller, need to check the wiring on the throttle, sounds like + and - reversed. On second thoughts by measuring between PURPLE and yellow you are measuring resistance relative to negative not relative to positive so it will read 0-5K but the controller is seeing voltage relative to positive 5K-0.

Last edited by Golfdog; 07-15-2014 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: addit.info second thought
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #25
Not Yet Wild
 
Gamingit7's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 28
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
That Club Car should have a 5k-0 throttle to matches the controller, need to check the wiring on the throttle, sounds like + and - reversed. On second thoughts by measuring between PURPLE and yellow you are measuring resistance relative to negative not relative to positive so it will read 0-5K but the controller is seeing voltage relative to positive 5K-0.
Thanks Golfdog, I am still trying to figure this out. It might just have to come down to a professional look at the thing. I am hoping its not the controller. Seems that the controller would throw some kind of fault code if it was bad. I just need to call Alltrax and see what they say or think.
Gamingit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #26
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
You said it flashes 7 times on green upon power-up. That means the controller is programmed for a 5k-0 throttle. You have a 0-5k throttle. The controller must be reprogrammed for your throttle input
I'm with CCFanatic - you're V-glide provides a 0-5k output. The Alltrax is currently set up for 5k-0. Reprogram controller for 0-5k to fix problem.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #27
DS Drivers Club Founder
 
CCFanatic's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,409
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Download for programming software HERE
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #28
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 458
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
I'm with CCFanatic - you're V-glide provides a 0-5k output. The Alltrax is currently set up for 5k-0. Reprogram controller for 0-5k to fix problem.
Why do you think the V-Glide provides 0-5K ?? Club Cars have for the last 17yrs had a 5K - 0 throttle.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #29
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
93yellowclubcar's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 4,094
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfdog View Post
Why do you think the V-Glide provides 0-5K ?? Club Cars have for the last 17yrs had a 5K - 0 throttle.
Read post #21 - straight from the service manual. Ever seen the inside of a V-glide/multi-step potentiometer? Basically resistors stepped up the back of the contacts to add resistance as the throttle is pressed, hence 0-5k.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #30
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,079
Default Re: Solenoid Clicks and Controller Flashes 7 times then solid green but no go. 2000 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Read post #21 - straight from the service manual. Ever seen the inside of a V-glide/multi-step potentiometer? Basically resistors stepped up the back of the contacts to add resistance as the throttle is pressed, hence 0-5k.
Actually CC made both 0-5k and 5k-0 multistep V-glides.... the early 93-95 types were 2 wire 0-5k and later 97-99 (I think) were 3 wire 5k-0. Thank you T-Dawg for confirming.

The controller can be programmed for either 2 wire 0-5k or 3 wire 5k-0
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
club car wont go but solenoid clicks has new controller Electric Club Car
my 2000 clubcar ds solenoid clicks when i turn key switch on whats happening? Electric Club Car
FS: 2000 PDS Controller and Solenoid Golf Carts and Parts
EZGO charger flashes red/green Electric EZGO
Solenoid just clicks, Is it ma controller? Extreme DC!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.