lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #11
Gone Wild
 
UncleJerm76's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central FL
Posts: 957
Default Re: Any issues getting Big Controller with stock 36V motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
the only problem I had was repeated problems with the S1 stud on the motor . melted a few eyelets off the cable and over time melted the threads off the stud. Went with a PQ Rattlesnake II and never had a problem again. One thing was I was only running 4 ga at the time and don't know if the first time was heat or a loose nut that caused the problem but after that it was a all down hill until I upgraded .
Thanks for the heads up!!! Last thing I need to do is drop $500 on a new motor right now. I will double nut it to make sure it stay's tight and check it at my maintenance intervals. I also have 2GA cables already so it shouldn't be an issue. Scotty did recommend I turn the controller down just a little bit to be on the safe side until I get a new motor -OR- just be gentle & responsible with the throttle (yeah right)

BTW, which one is the rattlesnake? I don't see that motor option on PQ's website?

So far I'm extremely impressed with my Carts Unlimited experience. Scotty was helpful and patient with me on the phone & email. I'm sure hes heard my same questions a billion times, but he happily answered everyone of them. Just a good guy to talk to. I peeked in the box this morning and immediately closed it back up because I'm debating on doing one of those "un-boxing" videos you see on youtube. The packaging is incredible, he spent a lot of time figuring out the best way to package this stuff so it wouldn't get damaged or bounce around in the box — I confident that this stuff has gotten to me undamaged. Everything has its own tight compartment and is separated with thick hand-cut styrofoam walls and
NO STYROFOAM PEANUTS!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #12
Cave Dweller
 
Swan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Always On The Move
Posts: 6,702
Default Re: Any issues getting Big Controller with stock 36V motor?

From PQ : Rattlesnake II, Club Car 10 spline 48 volt series motor, 7.1 HP, speed 29-31 mph (estimated), Great torque and speed, requires minimum 400 amp controller, minimum 4ga. complete wire set.

With the 700 amp controller im running low to mid 30's on the flat and 2ga . I would also recommend a HD solenoid to go with it

Quote:
Last thing I need to do is drop $500 on a new motor right now.
More like $700
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #13
Gone Wild
 
UncleJerm76's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central FL
Posts: 957
Default Re: Any issues getting Big Controller with stock 36V motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
From PQ : Rattlesnake II, Club Car 10 spline 48 volt series motor, 7.1 HP, speed 29-31 mph (estimated), Great torque and speed, requires minimum 400 amp controller, minimum 4ga. complete wire set.

With the 700 amp controller im running low to mid 30's on the flat and 2ga . I would also recommend a HD solenoid to go with it

More like $700

Thanks, can you please post the link to the motor, I still cant find it on their website, I tried contacting them but its down at the moment. Curious why the Rattlesnake isn't not blasted all over their website like the other 3 motors - are they phasing it out?
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #14
Cave Dweller
 
Swan's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Always On The Move
Posts: 6,702
Default Re: Any issues getting Big Controller with stock 36V motor?

Your not going to find it on there website and the info I gave came from them. The 10 spline series motor is available though PQ and not phasing it out . Newer carts are made with different style motors and are popular then the older series style and that's why you don't see it on the webpage. Calling them is the best way I found to contact them

Here is my new motor install thread: New Motor For 2000 CC DS

Here is pics of the melted stud: WTS 10 Spline Series Motor

Here is PQ response of the RSII ; Plum Quick Rattlesnake II
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #15
Gone Wild
 
UncleJerm76's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central FL
Posts: 957
Default Re: Any issues getting Big Controller with stock 36V motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Your not going to find it on there website and the info I gave came from them. The 10 spline series motor is available though PQ and not phasing it out . Newer carts are made with different style motors and are popular then the older series style and that's why you don't see it on the webpage. Calling them is the best way I found to contact them

Here is my new motor install thread: New Motor For 2000 CC DS

Here is pics of the melted stud: WTS 10 Spline Series Motor

Here is PQ response of the RSII ; Plum Quick Rattlesnake II

Great info & appreciate the links, they were good reads!
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
400 amp controller Ok with stock motor? Electric EZGO
96 CC need controller 400amp? Have stock motor Electric Club Car
650 amp controller with stock motor Electric EZGO
Motor Controller Issues Electric golf carts
Wanted Stock E-Z-GO motor and controller Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.