lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #1
Gone Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 187
Default Excel to IQ wire harness 103374901

Just want to fully understand about this harness.

How much work is involved in the installing the harness? (can someone point me at some online instructions?)

And would it be the 1268 controller which plugs directly into this?

Also, would it work with my PQ executioner motor which is currently running on my Excel system?

Many thanks
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-13-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: Excel to IQ wire harness 103374901

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobdiddy View Post
Just want to fully understand about this harness.

How much work is involved in the installing the harness? (can someone point me at some online instructions?)

And would it be the 1268 controller which plugs directly into this?

Also, would it work with my PQ executioner motor which is currently running on my Excel system?

Many thanks
It's not a conversion harness. It's an IQ golf car wire harness designed to plug into a 1510 IQ controller. The 1268 controller you bought should have come with a 1510 to 1268 conversion harness. That's why it won't work with your 1515 Excel controller. You say you bought a 1268 controller right? Who did you buy it from? And for what application? These are all important details I need to know.

You would need to contact Plum Quick about motor compatibility. I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I was unaware that they were building an "Executioner" for the Excel system.... An executioner for the 1268 controller yes, but for the "Excel" system? That's news to me. The Excel system doesn't deliver enough amperage for an Executioner. That's also a question for PlumQuick.

The harness is easy to install. Remove dash, floormat, and rear body. Lift it out and replace it with the new one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: Excel to IQ wire harness 103374901

TahoeDawgZ71 I have an Excel with a burned out controller (you helped me diagnose) If I under stand correctly it would be best to "convert" the cart to a IQ using a 1510 controller and harness. Is this correct?
outlaw03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
Dawg Gone Wild
 
TahoeDawgZ71's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Golf Car Capital of The World... Augusta, Georgia
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: Excel to IQ wire harness 103374901

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw03 View Post
TahoeDawgZ71 I have an Excel with a burned out controller (you helped me diagnose) If I under stand correctly it would be best to "convert" the cart to a IQ using a 1510 controller and harness. Is this correct?
No it's not "better" to replace a 1515 with a 1510.... But converting the car to an IQ car opens up much more options when it comes to upgrading the vehicle. If you're replacing a factory controller with another factory controller, I can't justify the cost of adding the IQ wire harness to simply install another factory controller.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
mymonstertruck's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 508
Default Re: Excel to IQ wire harness 103374901

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
No it's not "better" to replace a 1515 with a 1510.... But converting the car to an IQ car opens up much more options when it comes to upgrading the vehicle. If you're replacing a factory controller with another factory controller, I can't justify the cost of adding the IQ wire harness to simply install another factory controller.


mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Default Re: Excel to IQ wire harness 103374901

Thanks guys
outlaw03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
WTB Yamaha G1 Wire Harness Golf Carts and Parts
club car wire harness help Electric Club Car
need a wire harness Golf Carts and Parts
Help Installing New Wire Harness in G2 Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.