lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #21
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,582
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Before you throw it off the cliff....

"Main Dropout" is just a symptom, the controller/IQDM has no way to know what is causing it, part of troubleshooting is eliminating possible causes.

Another thing that can cause that "symptom" is the micro switch in the MCOR dropping out.

There is a 3 pin plug and a 2 pin plug on the MCOR.

Disconnect the 2 pin connector from the MCOR and put a paper clip or piece or wire shorting the 2 sockets/holes in the harness connector. Put some electrical tape so it does not short against any metal surfaces.

Test and see if the cart runs.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Before you throw it off the cliff....

"Main Dropout" is just a symptom, the controller/IQDM has no way to know what is causing it, part of troubleshooting is eliminating possible causes.

Another thing that can cause that "symptom" is the micro switch in the MCOR dropping out.

There is a 3 pin plug and a 2 pin plug on the MCOR.

Disconnect the 2 pin connector from the MCOR and put a paper clip or piece or wire shorting the 2 sockets/holes in the harness connector. Put some electrical tape so it does not short against any metal surfaces.

Test and see if the cart runs.

So you're saying unplug the two pin connector and put a paperclip in the actual plug in a U-shape and try and drive it that way?
deadserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #23
Member #16,745
 
jakesnake27's Avatar
Harley Davidson
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 9,889
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
So you're saying unplug the two pin connector and put a paperclip in the actual plug in a U-shape and try and drive it that way?
Yep, that eliminates the micro switch in the MCOR
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2014, 08:37 AM   #24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Update: Still WONT WORK!!!

Ok. So I borrowed the same exact cart that I have from a neighbor and did one by one, removed parts and replaced them with known working ones from the good cart. Below is what I did in order:

I replaced the Solonoid, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Replaced the computer, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Replaced the Controller, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Replaced the MCOR, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Can it be the motor itself? Wiring? Where am I going wrong here?

Please help.
deadserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #25
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
Update: Still WONT WORK!!!

Ok. So I borrowed the same exact cart that I have from a neighbor and did one by one, removed parts and replaced them with known working ones from the good cart. Below is what I did in order:

I replaced the Solonoid, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Replaced the computer, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Replaced the Controller, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Replaced the MCOR, pressed the accelerator and the solonoid clicked, wheels started to roll, solonoid clicked again and the cart stopped.

Can it be the motor itself? Wiring? Where am I going wrong here?

Please help.
. . send TahoeDawg a pm and ask him to review this thread . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2014, 09:21 AM   #26
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . send TahoeDawg a pm and ask him to review this thread . . .
Done
deadserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #27
Not Yet Wild
 
robertsmossyoak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 20
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Put the paper clip back in and try one more time before the cliff .Worked for me same issues.
robertsmossyoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #28
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Fort Myers, Florida
Posts: 28
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsmossyoak View Post
Put the paper clip back in and try one more time before the cliff .Worked for me same issues.
Did it three times already.... no luck!!
deadserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #29
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,582
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Have You already eliminated the batteries as a possible cause?

If not, next time you do the test, make sure the cart is in reverse so You can hear the buzzer stay on continuously.
If you have a meter with a max/min function, You can also place it on the battery pack and see if the voltage drops out when the motor starts turning and the solenoid clicks off.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #30
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 3,543
Default Re: 2010 ClubCar Precendent Stops Unexpectedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
Did it three times already.... no luck!!
. . . did TahoeDawg ever get back to your pm?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
EZGO 2 Cycle dies unexpectedly Gas EZGO
2005 Precendent slows and intermittently stops Electric Club Car
2010 clubcar governer Gas Club Car
2010 Electric CLUBCAR 850XRT Hill Climb Ability Electric Club Car
Cart shutting down unexpectedly Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.