Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric EZGO (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/)
-   -   automotive 15~17" rims- what adapters? (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/10018-automotive-15-17-rims-what-adapters.html)

injunear 11-09-2008 04:29 PM

automotive 15~17" rims- what adapters?
 
Hi there....Yet another noob....

I will be lifting and then installing 15~17" rims on an EZ Go 2002 TXT. It will be similar to these:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf_.../140_001_5.jpg

http://www.golfcardepot.com/am/listi...ages/115_3.jpg

http://www.golfcardepot.com/am/listings/images/34_1.jpg

There was a discussion about this in this forum here but unfortunately the site removed the link in the thread to a supplier, and even worse, I cannot PM anyone in this forum. There is an active user, SUNDOWNSHIFTER that knows what I need to find out but I cannot contact him so hopefully he'll look into this thread......


I've been researching this for nearly two days and this is what I know thus far:

++ to use 15~17" rims I need an adapter, from 4-100(cart) to 4-100, rim.....rim can also be other than 4-100 also.

++ I know that BU sells an adapter but no info is given other than price! No thickness, no info on what it adapts to in terms of wheel lug pattern.

What I don't know:

++ THICKNESS of adapter plate.


Thanks for looking in

pggroves 11-09-2008 08:50 PM

Re: automotive 15~17" rims- what adapters?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by injunear (Post 109262)
++ to use 15~17" rims I need an adapter, from 4-100(cart) to 4-100, rim.....rim can also be other than 4-100 also.

EZGO and Club Car = 4 x 4"
Yamaha = 4 x 100mm

injunear 11-10-2008 06:40 AM

Re: automotive 15~17" rims- what adapters?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pggroves (Post 109423)
EZGO and Club Car = 4 x 4"
Yamaha = 4 x 100mm

Thanks...You mean 100mm isn't close enough to 4" on the adapter?

100mm = 3.94", slightly off center? If it did fit the holes are likely 12mm on a 4-100 adapter on wheel side and would need to be opened up to 1/2"......

Still need thickness.

pggroves 11-10-2008 09:16 AM

Re: automotive 15~17" rims- what adapters?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by injunear (Post 109528)
Thanks...You mean 100mm isn't close enough to 4" on the adapter?

100mm = 3.94", slightly off center? If it did fit the holes are likely 12mm on a 4-100 adapter on wheel side and would need to be opened up to 1/2"......

Still need thickness.

That's 1/16" off pattern. You'll have to "tweak" them to fit. Thickness of the adapter is your choice based on how wide a stance you want. I think the consensus is wider = more stability.

injunear 11-10-2008 09:23 AM

Re: automotive 15~17" rims- what adapters?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pggroves (Post 109567)
That's 1/16" off pattern. You'll have to "tweak" them to fit. Thickness of the adapter is your choice based on how wide a stance you want. I think the consensus is wider = more stability.

Thanks again. I was thinking more in terms of minimum clearance to avoid interference in selecting the adapter thickness.

The wheel offset is (for 15" rims wit 205-50-15's) typically 40mm and does require a spacer.

For these kind of tires/wheels it's best (aesthetically speaking) to keep the tires under the fender flares.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.