lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #11
Gone Wild
 
napalaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 343
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

Thanks any ideas would be appreciated I was thinking of the shock idea but the travel is so little that would not help the only thing I can think of is cutting the fork and adding a few inches but again I realy dont want to get to complicated.
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #12
Born Wild
 
ruredy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clover SC.
Posts: 5,552
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

I haven't looked at it and how much the front could move, i'm just going off of what I can remember.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #13
Born Wild
 
ruredy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clover SC.
Posts: 5,552
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

I was just looking at mine and had figured it easiest way would be to weld on a 1/2" thick steel plate below where the axle bolts through. Drill some new holes to bolt the axle in. You could even move it forward some to install a bigger tire if you wanted to. the hardest part would be drilling and tapping for the set screw that holds the axle in place. You would need to be careful not to heat it up to much when welding to avoid damage to the torsion rubbers.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
tungpo1's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: St. Johns /Jacksonville
Posts: 2,383
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

Be careful lifted three wheeler could be dangerous!!!!!!!
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #15
Born Wild
 
ruredy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clover SC.
Posts: 5,552
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

whatda you mean "could be" The only one i've seen thats close to safe is a harley and thats cause it has big azz skids to catch it before it flips
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
WILD
 
caddymankc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: lebanon county,pa
Posts: 1,266
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

as long as you dont get stupid with the steering it would be fine, the reason why they stopped making 3 wheeled atv's was because of them being dangerous but 95% of those people were wasted when they were riding them, the other 5% is probably because of someone sayin watch this sh it
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #17
Gone Wild
 
Dero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 709
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

And yet they still put little kids on trikes. I think 3 wheelers should come back.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 04:56 PM   #18
WILD
 
caddymankc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: lebanon county,pa
Posts: 1,266
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

if 3 wheelers come back im gonna by 5 of them
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #19
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 18
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

Maybe just move the whole suspension down. Kinda like Z-ing a CC. Never having looked at one, I am just throwing something out.
COPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #20
Frog Hunter
 
4x4 CC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Little Rock, Ar
Posts: 1,161
Default Re: lifting a 3 wheeler

Aren3-wheelers front end supported by long peices of pipe? I would cut the pipe(s) and find another peice that will slip right over it and weld it up. Then, Do like ruedy said and etxend it forward.... Good luck though...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.