lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #11
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 1,650
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Why not see if your buddy will let you put his controller in your cart to see what it will do.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 12-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #12
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts4you View Post
Thank you for bringing the topic back online. I am still working on the unit that is not activating. So this will be good to continue the thread and hopefully learn more about troubleshooting this system. Did you replace the controller already? There is another thread we have on similar subject you may want to ready through - "2014 rxv freedom 1206 ac with encoder fault issue"

All goes around this 5 volt circuit that includes the brake. Have you checked the wiring for the brake? Goes back to pin 7 on the 23 pin connector. In the advanced troubleshooting manual (which I understand you have) gives you the correct voltage readings. Hope we can sort these cars out soon! They are a pain!
I didn't see in the troubleshooting guide about how to check this fuse he was talking about under the trim piece with the tow switch. I am taking the body off this weekend so i can have a better look. Also waiting on the clamps that pierce the wires so I dont have to peel the shielding off. One of the tests that I did find a problem was the voltage on the solenoid. I replaced it and still nothing. So far the guy I got it from replaced the brake and new sensor on the gas pedal. Another reason for taking the body off is because I want better access to the resistor. It also seem the readings were off a little but don't think that is causing the problems. I will post update and maybe somebody could post the steps for checking that 5 volt loop. My buddy wont let me take off his controller because he is afraid something will go wrong and ruin his. Cant afford to be replacing two controllers.
Tex1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2019, 07:56 AM   #13
Getting Wild
 
Carts4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 105
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1975 View Post
I didn't see in the troubleshooting guide about how to check this fuse he was talking about under the trim piece with the tow switch. I am taking the body off this weekend so i can have a better look. Also waiting on the clamps that pierce the wires so I dont have to peel the shielding off. One of the tests that I did find a problem was the voltage on the solenoid. I replaced it and still nothing. So far the guy I got it from replaced the brake and new sensor on the gas pedal. Another reason for taking the body off is because I want better access to the resistor. It also seem the readings were off a little but don't think that is causing the problems. I will post update and maybe somebody could post the steps for checking that 5 volt loop. My buddy wont let me take off his controller because he is afraid something will go wrong and ruin his. Cant afford to be replacing two controllers.
Ok. Please do post updates. The 5 volt circuit test starts on page 23 of the advanced troubleshooting guide.
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #14
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 107
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1975 View Post
First post and long time lurker. I know this is an old thread but I am trying to fix this similar problem on a cart I just acquired. 2008 RXV 48V freedom. Danaher controller and no mods. The guy that gave it too me has somebody drive the cart with the brake locked up. He replaced the brake and cart wouldn't move. Thought it was the controller and gave it to me. No voltage at the brake and the cart will not move with the tow/run switch. We had to unbolt the brake just to move it. Could you explain how to check the loop for that switch please? I have done most of the checks that somebody posted for the 2008 troubleshooting. I have checked the brake and gas switches and they test good. I took the brake after it was off and plugged it up to my buddies cart(Same year) and it disengaged when he hit the tow switch. Thank you for your time.
Have you checked the solenoid. If you still have the small hardwired solenoid you should replace it even if it seems to be working. Your cart uses a 36 volt solenoid ezgo part # 609428. https://shop.txtsv.com/36-volt-solenoid-for-e-z-go-rxv The only time I couldn't release the brake, with the tow switch, on my 2011 RXV it was the solenoid.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #15
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
Have you checked the solenoid. If you still have the small hardwired solenoid you should replace it even if it seems to be working. Your cart uses a 36 volt solenoid ezgo part # 609428. https://shop.txtsv.com/36-volt-solenoid-for-e-z-go-rxv The only time I couldn't release the brake, with the tow switch, on my 2011 RXV it was the solenoid.
I replaced the solenoid because in the trouble shooting guide the voltage was different across the two large posts. It needed to be replaced also because of the ohm test was out of the recommended range. I am on a mission to chase the 5v loop.
Tex1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2020, 04:26 AM   #16
Getting Wild
 
Carts4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 105
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1975 View Post
I replaced the solenoid because in the trouble shooting guide the voltage was different across the two large posts. It needed to be replaced also because of the ohm test was out of the recommended range. I am on a mission to chase the 5v loop.
hello guys! waking this topic back up. seems like groundhog day with this 5 volt circuit. so we replaced all sensors including the bearing encoder. we have the 5 volt output from controller reading ok (3rd pin orange wire at controller). car still does the same thing when placed in forward.....solenoid clicks once then twice disengaging quickly. moved on to page 23 of the advanced troubleshooting guide step 1 which measures the ohms at throttle or brake sensor wiring. Reading came a 7 ohms and guide says should be >10K ohms. Says we should replace the control harness. Guess it continues getting worse!

Wonder why wouldn't there be a fuse or something that would avoid damaging so many components due to a single light installation. and a simpler way of diagnosing the car. only hope that the harness is the big elephant. Has anyone had any luck figuring their issue out?
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2020, 09:05 AM   #17
Getting Wild
 
Carts4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 105
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Groudhog day again!

We have replaced the harness, solenoid, and EM brake on the car. Same thing...two clicks on the solenoid. Scanned with Danaher handheld and got only a brake sensor fault. Replaced sensor again and the same fault came up. Verified voltage going in the sensor and read 5v. Verified the voltage coming out of sensor and was .345v up to 4.5 v when fully depressed. Verified voltage readings from that sensor at controller and read the same thing. No variance.

Spoke with an EzGo tech and said that it should run. Doesn't know why car is not running.

Anyone have a suggestion here? Done just about everything to it. When cycled to forward or reverse we just get the two solenoid clicks.

Any help will be greatly appreciated from you guys. And I am sure for all of us in this thread.
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2020, 11:28 PM   #18
Getting Wild
 
Carts4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 105
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts4you View Post
Groudhog day again!

We have replaced the harness, solenoid, and EM brake on the car. Same thing...two clicks on the solenoid. Scanned with Danaher handheld and got only a brake sensor fault. Replaced sensor again and the same fault came up. Verified voltage going in the sensor and read 5v. Verified the voltage coming out of sensor and was .345v up to 4.5 v when fully depressed. Verified voltage readings from that sensor at controller and read the same thing. No variance.

Spoke with an EzGo tech and said that it should run. Doesn't know why car is not running.

Anyone have a suggestion here? Done just about everything to it. When cycled to forward or reverse we just get the two solenoid clicks.

Any help will be greatly appreciated from you guys. And I am sure for all of us in this thread.
I hope I have not scared anyone away! This is almost unrepairable!
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2020, 01:38 AM   #19
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,350
Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts4you View Post
I hope I have not scared anyone away! This is almost unrepairable!
Upgrade it to a Curtis RXV controller. You'll never want a Danaher in an RXV again after that.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
HDK M- Shorted Electric golf carts
Yami G1 shorted? Electric Yamaha
Convert 4x12V Battery System to a 6x8V System for '05 Precedent ??? Electric Club Car
something shorted out Electric EZGO
Replacing A Lester 48 Volt System with a NEW Self Contained On-Board System Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.