lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #21
Getting Wild
 
Freckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 142
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

My 12" el cheapo ebay light bar was WAY too bright to run on the roads! I can't imagine how bright a 20" would be.
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #22
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Covington, GA
Posts: 16
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

I have a 30" lightbar on top of my cart, a 20" green lightbar on my front basket, and a 6" lightbar on top facing rearward.

That being said, will the headlights for a Bad Boy Classic fit an EZGO ST? I believe they do. Here are LED versions of those headlights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Head-Lig...-/281594973504
ScottA58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Well, I started the install of my 20" LED. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Up front the unit is made of aluminum, has decent mounts that are adjustable, and the back of the unit was (it looks like) cast to have a bunch of fins that appear to be a heat sink. The mounting brackets are fine. So....the unit seems very solid.

I also ordered a waterproof fused wiring harness for it. That "doubled" the cost....well...almost, but the harness is a decent unit.

I started to do my install today. I mounted it under my Lexan roof so that it was protected from the weather and still allow full use of my windshield. I'll post some pics when I get it done. It's a "process" for me to do the install because of my disease\disability.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #24
Gone Wild
 
dundeebarnbuggy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dundee quebec
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Don't worry about the weather, it's waterproof. One considerationcame to mind though, make sure it is out far enough in front to NOT allow ANY light to hit or reflect in your windshield or lexan roof. It will turn your windscreen white at night and you won't be able to see diddly.
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #25
Gone Wild
 
Dixie Chopper's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 332
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well, I started the install of my 20" LED. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



Up front the unit is made of aluminum, has decent mounts that are adjustable, and the back of the unit was (it looks like) cast to have a bunch of fins that appear to be a heat sink. The mounting brackets are fine. So....the unit seems very solid.



I also ordered a waterproof fused wiring harness for it. That "doubled" the cost....well...almost, but the harness is a decent unit.



I started to do my install today. I mounted it under my Lexan roof so that it was protected from the weather and still allow full use of my windshield. I'll post some pics when I get it done. It's a "process" for me to do the install because of my disease\disability.


Glad you’re making progress. Looking forward to pictures.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #26
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Don't worry about the weather, it's waterproof. One considerationcame to mind though, make sure it is out far enough in front to NOT allow ANY light to hit or reflect in your windshield or lexan roof. It will turn your windscreen white at night and you won't be able to see diddly.
Thanks for the info\advise!! Actually, I installed it under for the protection from low hanging tree branches and vines. I "plow" thru those and if this were on the top, it wouldn't last long.....I "move" some good size branches....like up to 3" in diameter.....some move, some break.

But I never considered the light reflection. OTOH, my "windshield" is really more of a wind\rain blocker as it has so many scratches and "scars" that it's tough to see clearly thru. Yeah.....I drive it mostly with the top section folded.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #27
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 33
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

I went from stock halogen, to HID bulbs. Loved them, very bright. I recently switched to LED headlights and tail lights, and added a 20" lightbar on a brush guard, and 38" on my top. I turn night into day.......
Bigd3077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:59 PM   #28
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Ok....so far I have the light bar mounted to the Lexan roof. Just a few things to note.....since I just finished tightening up everything.

First, the bolts are metric...so I can only assume the threads would be metric as well. (This unit is made in China) You get exactly what you need....so be careful when your screwing in those 8 small ones.

Here is it mounted.....before I adjusted it "forward" and secured it.



Here are the provided bolts on top of the Lexan. I only show this as you can add lock washers (again metric threads) or what I will do is put a dab of locktight on each one. I would double nut it.....but I'm not going to the hardware store.



I "rolled" the light all the way to the up position....so I could get the small bolts to start in the light holder.



This picture shows me tightening the small bolts. I would advise, since you can spread the holder (where the small bolts mount the holder to the bar) to plan on keeping the holder as far out as you have tools for to tighten up the small bolts. I didn't think of that.....but luck would have it that I had a deep well 10mm socket that made it work.



So....that's it for the light bar itself. I now have to route the wiring and figure out where to put the on\off switch.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #29
Gone Wild
 
dundeebarnbuggy's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dundee quebec
Posts: 2,136
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Lookin good. You might consider painting that aluminum channel that goes across in front [I assume it is a roof stiffener], flat black cause it's going to catch light and reflect it right down right in front of you, not ideal.
dundeebarnbuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #30
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,301
Default Re: Halogen vs LED lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Lookin good. You might consider painting that aluminum channel that goes across in front [I assume it is a roof stiffener], flat black cause it's going to catch light and reflect it right down right in front of you, not ideal.
That's a good idea. Thanks! Actually that roof support is the "old" roof struts from the factory roof. The Lexan was a little to big to go unsupported. When I would be going 70mph down the turnpike with the cart in the truck bed, the Lexan would vibrate like crazy!! I was concerned it would shake loose or crack the supports and end up in someone's car. The old roof supports worked out really well.
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Halogen or LED Headlights Electric Club Car
LED or Halogen headlights? Gas Club Car
LED light kit or halogen for txt Gas EZGO
halogen lights Electric Club Car
12V Lights Halogen ? Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.