lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #11
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 15
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewuk311 View Post
Dezertrxv,



I had the same issue locating and purchasing the controller. Navitas is the OEM, and they have a number of distributors listed on their webpage. Because the TAC system for the RXV is still in Beta testing, I'm not sure the dealers know that it is available yet. I called nearly every distributor on the list before making contact with Fat Cat Golf Carts. Contact Sandy at (903)259-0944 and she will hook you up. You purchase through them, and the kit is drop-shipped to your house in less than a week. Also, Fat Cat has a good return policy in case you experience issues. Hope that helps!



Andrew


What does this controller cost?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #12
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 34
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
What does this controller cost?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interested in this as well 😁
delete1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Skidaway Island, Georgia
Posts: 26
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by delete1616 View Post
Interested in this as well ��
Call Sandy at Fat Cat golf carts (see post above) and she can give you a price now that they are available for retail purchase. I’m not sure if the price I paid for the beta test version is the same price as the retail price, and I don’t want to mislead anyone. I can tell you that the cost is a lot less than replacing it with a controller from Ezgo, and well worth it in my opinion for the performance gain and fun factor!

And for full disclosure, I have no affiliation with Fat Cat. When I called around looking for this controller, they were the only dealer who knew what it was, and was willing to place an order.
andrewuk311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2018, 03:22 AM   #14
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,081
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewuk311 View Post
Call Sandy at Fat Cat golf carts (see post above) and she can give you a price now that they are available for retail purchase. Iím not sure if the price I paid for the beta test version is the same price as the retail price, and I donít want to mislead anyone. I can tell you that the cost is a lot less than replacing it with a controller from Ezgo, and well worth it in my opinion for the performance gain and fun factor!

And for full disclosure, I have no affiliation with Fat Cat. When I called around looking for this controller, they were the only dealer who knew what it was, and was willing to place an order.
So they are less than $600?
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2018, 03:57 AM   #15
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Skidaway Island, Georgia
Posts: 26
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
So they are less than $600?
I wasnít able to find a new Danaher controller replacement, or kit for $600. Maybe I wasnít looking in the right place.
andrewuk311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2018, 04:32 AM   #16
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,081
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewuk311 View Post
I wasn’t able to find a new Danaher controller replacement, or kit for $600. Maybe I wasn’t looking in the right place.
There are no new Danaher RXV controllers, they were discontinued. But you can find new Curtis RXV controllers for $600 or less if you shop around. I've bought new ones for under $300 before, but that seller no longer sells them for that. They doubled in price since I published that source in my Danaher to Curtis conversion thread.

I am anxious to see how well the new Navitas controllers work out in the long term. I welcome innovation, however, we really need something like an Alltrax controller for the RXV, and not another closed architecture controller like Curtis. Simply providing an external device to dial performance up or down does not give full performance modifying capabilities for those of us that might want to race our RXVs

I'm not sure how they rate the quoted 600 amp output. The stock 235 Amp Curtis AC controller can exceed 700 Amps of 3 phase AC drive. E-Z-GO limits performance to well below the peformance capabilities of the controller due to warranty and safety concerns.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2018, 04:43 AM   #17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Skidaway Island, Georgia
Posts: 26
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
There are no new Danaher RXV controllers, they were discontinued. But you can find new Curtis RXV controllers for $600 or less if you shop around. I've bought new ones for under $300 before, but that seller no longer sells them for that. They doubled in price since I published that source in my Danaher to Curtis conversion thread.

I am anxious to see how well the new Navitas controllers work out in the long term. I welcome innovation, however, we really need something like an Alltrax controller for the RXV, and not another closed architecture controller like Curtis. Simply providing an external device to dial performance up or down does not give full performance modifying capabilities for those of us that might want to race our RXVs
Bob,
I looked at the Curtis conversion kit, but it was pricey through Ezgo. Maybe I didnít shop around enough. I was leaning toward the Navitas because I wanted some performance benefits. I really like the controller so far, but havenít got to test it out much because the weather here has not cooperated.
andrewuk311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #18
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,081
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewuk311 View Post
Bob,
I looked at the Curtis conversion kit, but it was pricey through Ezgo. Maybe I didnít shop around enough. I was leaning toward the Navitas because I wanted some performance benefits. I really like the controller so far, but havenít got to test it out much because the weather here has not cooperated.
I guess you responded before I edited my post to add the performance spec information about the stock Curtis controllers.

I bought the 350 Amp Curtis upgrade controller kit through the same seller for about $600 at the time the stock controller kit from him was much less. That upgrade controller can deliver over 1,000 Amps to the RXV motor! If you can wheelie a stock RXV with a stock controller that has been restored to full output, just imagine what you can do with a 350 Amp upgrade controller!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #19
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 31
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

How is the Navitas stuff holding up? Is it awesome? Having this all installed Monday. Curious to your thoughts.
Thanks, Tom
dezertrxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2018, 03:53 AM   #20
Getting Wild
 
reeseman44's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: South florida
Posts: 92
Default Re: EZGO RXV Navitas Controller Upgrade

Just got a 2010 rxv, how is the performance of the navitas?
Also, bplobboyce, whats tje controlled upgrade you speak of?
reeseman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Marathon speed controller upgrade ( Navitas 420A) HELP! Electric EZGO
navitas ezgo 91 marathon speed controller Electric EZGO
Navitas 1000 controller Electric golf carts
Madjax navitas 600 amp controller Electric Club Car
Navitas Controller Electric golf carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.