lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 31
Default Low battery issue

2010 RXV 48 volt w/ new batteries.
Nephew left R&F switch on FORWARD 3-4 weeks ago. He also unplugged the charger. Have not driven cart since. Charger plugged-in now serially flashing red twice with pauses,indicating low battery charge so charger does not charge. How do I hook up a 12 volt car battery charger to charge all 4 batteries simulatneously??
NoBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
meimk's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 965
Default Re: Low battery issue

Do you have the 4 x 12 volt or the 6 x 8 volt?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
nas
Not Yet Wild
 
nas's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Parker, Colorado
Posts: 29
Default Re: Low battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBones View Post
2010 RXV 48 volt w/ new batteries.
Nephew left R&F switch on FORWARD 3-4 weeks ago. He also unplugged the charger. Have not driven cart since. Charger plugged-in now serially flashing red twice with pauses,indicating low battery charge so charger does not charge. How do I hook up a 12 volt car battery charger to charge all 4 batteries simulatneously??
you will have to charge them one at a time if you are using a 12v battery charger. You dont have to fully charge each one just get them up enough for the 48v charger to see enough voltage to kick on.
nas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Indiana & SW Florida
Posts: 1,048
Default Re: Low battery issue

When charging keep all batteries roughly the same charge amount or when two tenths of each other.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 31
Default Re: Low battery issue

FYI: Batteries are so dead even the car battery charger will not charge them. Went on YouTube wherein is a tutorial on how to charge a super-dead car battery:
Hook dead battery to fully charged battery of same voltage, Pos-to-pos, Neg-to-neg for an hour or so. This will charge the dead battery sufficiently enabling the charger to read voltage from the dead battery which will then kick -in the charging process.

Thanks again
NoBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 984
Default Re: Low battery issue

Most of the 12 volt automotive type battery chargers I have used don't require a battery with voltage to start charging. What good is a automotive battery charger if it won't attempt to charge a completely stone dead battery?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 02:08 AM   #7
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 2,217
Default Re: Low battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Most of the 12 volt automotive type battery chargers I have used don't require a battery with voltage to start charging. What good is a automotive battery charger if it won't attempt to charge a completely stone dead battery?
That's pretty much all they sell at the common sources these days, smart chargers. They must see a specific minimum voltage to start charging.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 31
Default Re: Low battery issue

Update:
I watched the YouTube vignette: Kent Bergsma recharge really dead battery youtube.
Google it.
Followed his instruct after Disconecting the 4 RXV batteries from each other. Pulled battery outa my Tundra and connected to one dead RXV battery for 15 minutes which charged it enough for the battery charger to "read" voltage coming out of RXV battery. I let it charge on 6amps for a few hours.
Repeated with the other 3 RXV batteries. Connected the RXV batteries back into series and plugged Golf cart charger into the cart and Voila! Charging cart just fine.

Thanks for all the advice.

I'll bet there is not many who know about the "really dead battery" recharge trick so I'm wondering how many perfectly good batteries have been replaced with new ones. Seems there could be a way of alerting all Forum members.
NoBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
meimk's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 965
Default Re: Low battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
That's pretty much all they sell at the common sources these days, smart chargers. They must see a specific minimum voltage to start charging.
It's supposed to be a "safety" issue.shuts it down so it doesn't short against random metal or in the case of accidentally reversed connection. Big brother looking out for us - without having a clue how we really need to use them.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
Golf cart guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,598
Default Re: Low battery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBones View Post
Update:
I watched the YouTube vignette: Kent Bergsma recharge really dead battery youtube.
Google it.
Followed his instruct after Disconecting the 4 RXV batteries from each other. Pulled battery outa my Tundra and connected to one dead RXV battery for 15 minutes which charged it enough for the battery charger to "read" voltage coming out of RXV battery. I let it charge on 6amps for a few hours.
Repeated with the other 3 RXV batteries. Connected the RXV batteries back into series and plugged Golf cart charger into the cart and Voila! Charging cart just fine.

Thanks for all the advice.

I'll bet there is not many who know about the "really dead battery" recharge trick so I'm wondering how many perfectly good batteries have been replaced with new ones. Seems there could be a way of alerting all Forum members.
Yikes! someone made a you tube video and that's how they said to do it?

That's crazy, but glad it worked
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Possible battery issue? Electric Club Car
Battery issue Electric Club Car
Charging Issue/ Battery Issue? Electric EZGO
Battery Issue Electric Club Car
G3 Battery Issue Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.