lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Default 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Im building a hunting cart. Does anyone sell a locking or limited slip kit or a gear assembly for a 1991 EZGO Marathon 36 volt. I've attached a photo of my Buggy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180923_155509.jpg (253.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180923_152022.jpg (228.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180923_155733.jpg (249.4 KB, 0 views)
wmesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-24-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Over This Interview Is...
 
cgtech's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 13,980
Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

There are aftermarket kits available, and a Posi from Ezgo available.

I put a used posi from a Rxv in my Marathon axle, it fit just fine. (Rxv electric has Posi from the factory).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Thanks for the info
wmesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2018, 05:41 AM   #4
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Columbia, Texas
Posts: 11,328
Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There are aftermarket kits available, and a Posi from Ezgo available.

I put a used posi from a Rxv in my Marathon axle, it fit just fine. (Rxv electric has Posi from the factory).
cgtech....are you saying you just swapped out the entire gear set into your diff. OR you swapped an entire RXV rear axel ?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #5
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,199
Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
cgtech....are you saying you just swapped out the entire gear set into your diff. OR you swapped an entire RXV rear axel ?
He said the Posi unit, which would be the spider gear assembly. The gears and the carrier they are in. The ring gear bolts to that. What makes a unit posi is friction washers under high tension during assembly that limits the ability of the spider gears to rotate. The limited slip additive lubricates the friction washers with a friction modifier that allows the friction wahers shimming the spider gears to rotate rather than break when under great stress.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #6
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Columbia, Texas
Posts: 11,328
Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
He said the Posi unit, which would be the spider gear assembly. The gears and the carrier they are in. The ring gear bolts to that. What makes a unit posi is friction washers under high tension during assembly that limits the ability of the spider gears to rotate. The limited slip additive lubricates the friction washers with a friction modifier that allows the friction wahers shimming the spider gears to rotate rather than break when under great stress.
Hi Bob, and I understand how it works, and the parts involved. since I an not versed in RXV carts, my question was more if he was saying that all that needs to be changed out is the "GUTS" and they would work in his existing case. considering its a different model and quite a newer rear end, it wouldn't surprise that the parts would not work. and a complete rear end would be needed. THAT'S was my question.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Default Re: 1991 Ezgo Marathon Rear End Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Hi Bob, and I understand how it works, and the parts involved. since I an not versed in RXV carts, my question was more if he was saying that all that needs to be changed out is the "GUTS" and they would work in his existing case. considering its a different model and quite a newer rear end, it wouldn't surprise that the parts would not work. and a complete rear end would be needed. THAT'S was my question.
I was wondering the same thing been searching for more information. Not finding much.
wmesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
1991 marathon 2 cycle dumb question Gas EZGO
1991 marathon body part question Gas EZGO
Gas tank question - 1991 ezgo marathon Gas EZGO
1991 marathon rear shocks Electric EZGO
1991 marathon rear Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.