lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #11
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
As LukeL mentioned, the programmer required for those particular controllers is unique. Not even the hacked programmers that we developed can do it because Curtis has developed countermeasures in the new controller OS to detect and prevent a hacked programmer from communicating with it. It takes an original Curtis programmer, but at the highest acces level of a hacked one. I still have the Curtis one that I bought, and I reflashed it to the highest access level. As far as I know, I'm the only one outside of Curtis that has one of these. I also have a custom programmed Curtis handset that I use with them. I do make programming trips from time to time. It takes about 2 hours to reprogram and tweak both modes of the controller used in these carts.

Bob
Thanks for the reply Bob!

I'm concerned I'll be unhappy with the performance on the cart until something is done.

You tempt me to buy one at a dealer near you just so I can have you program it. Can you message me and tell me what you charge for this?

I'm also browsing the ICON EV Carts just because it's speed out of the box is stated at a more realistic 28MPH.

My entire city is Golf Cart friendly, most speed limits are 30-35 on residential roads, so I'd at least like to get close to 30 for pace of traffic.
fldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 12-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #12
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,003
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Thanks for the reply Bob!

I'm concerned I'll be unhappy with the performance on the cart until something is done.

You tempt me to buy one at a dealer near you just so I can have you program it. Can you message me and tell me what you charge for this?

I'm also browsing the ICON EV Carts just because it's speed out of the box is stated at a more realistic 28MPH.

My entire city is Golf Cart friendly, most speed limits are 30-35 on residential roads, so I'd at least like to get close to 30 for pace of traffic.
There is really nothing being sold that can compare to the performance or speed of the L6 and TXT72V. Heck, a stock Curtis controlled RXV can be programmed to run 26 to 27 MPH with stock tires, and 32 to 33 MPH with 20.5" tires! The carts I mentioned above are just starting to get going at 30 to 35 MPH. Top speed is unknown because I refuse to test drive one at over 50 MPH!

I'll send you a PM once you have enough posts and online time to get PM. You are close to that already.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #13
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Bob,

What’s your opinion on the older L6? There’s a 2015 model I’m looking at now.
I realize these arnt the 72v AC modes but can they be reasonably modified?

All the best,
Dave
fldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #14
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 5
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Dave,

I live in Pensacola and am planning on getting together with Bob once he plans his next trip. I have some time off at the end of December and am seriously considering driving up to Chattanooga or maybe even meet somewhere else if it is convenient for others. Sorry I canít help with the programming but I can tell you we are very happy with our cart even without the increased speed.

Matt
MattDFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #15
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDFL View Post
Dave,

I live in Pensacola and am planning on getting together with Bob once he plans his next trip. I have some time off at the end of December and am seriously considering driving up to Chattanooga or maybe even meet somewhere else if it is convenient for others. Sorry I canít help with the programming but I can tell you we are very happy with our cart even without the increased speed.

Matt
Thanks Matt! It's reassuring to hear from someone else.

I'm planning a trip to Myrtle beach in June/July of '19. I figured worst case, I should also be happy with the performance around town until then. Unless I can connect with Bob sooner.

I'll still have to install seat belts for the kids. This is one feature the ICON came with that the wife absolutely will not go without. It should be an easy fix though.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay roughly? In my area dealers are asking 11,999 for a L6. Is there much (if any) wiggle room with these new cart prices? Seems crazy to me golf carts cost as much as my 60+ MPH 4 Stroke Jet-Ski.
fldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #16
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 8,988
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Thanks Matt! It's reassuring to hear from someone else.

I'm planning a trip to Myrtle beach in June/July of '19. I figured worst case, I should also be happy with the performance around town until then. Unless I can connect with Bob sooner.

I'll still have to install seat belts for the kids. This is one feature the ICON came with that the wife absolutely will not go without. It should be an easy fix though.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay roughly? In my area dealers are asking 11,999 for a L6. Is there much (if any) wiggle room with these new cart prices? Seems crazy to me golf carts cost as much as my 60+ MPH 4 Stroke Jet-Ski.
Smart woman. Dunno where you live, but I've seen more than a couple of kids slide off the back seat in wet bathing suits around here. Especially with hubbies who like the acceleration.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #17
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Gulf Breeze, FL
Posts: 5
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Seatbelts are an easy and smart addition and required if you plan on making it street legal in Florida. There is a bit of wiggle room but I agree it is crazy how expensive they are. I looked at all options and this was the best cart for lots of reasons but mainly the 72V system and the AC motor.
MattDFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #18
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 12
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Well, I caved in today. At the advice of all of you I brought home a L6 tonight. Super happy with the choice, seat belts and turn signals will be added next weekend.

I can already tell I’m going to have set something up with you Bob, I’m right at 16mph on GPS which is a bit slow for my liking. I’ll admit, it does seem like it’s got a lot more torque than other carts I’ve driven.

Thanks again guys for all the advice!
fldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #19
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,003
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldave View Post
Well, I caved in today. At the advice of all of you I brought home a L6 tonight. Super happy with the choice, seat belts and turn signals will be added next weekend.

I can already tell Iím going to have set something up with you Bob, Iím right at 16mph on GPS which is a bit slow for my liking. Iíll admit, it does seem like itís got a lot more torque than other carts Iíve driven.

Thanks again guys for all the advice!
Yuppirs, the L6 is a beast in disguise. Huge potential that has been throttled back.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2018, 12:26 AM   #20
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 147
Default Re: 2018 EZGO Express L6 Controller tuning

I'm interested in meeting up. I need to buy an L6, but I'm ready if there's a convenient place between Minneapolis, Texas and Tennessee

Merry Christmas
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Modifying 72v Express L6 Controller Electric EZGO
October 2018 Yamaha Recall 2016-2018 models Gas Yamaha
2018 Express S4 Looking for a Roof Rack Gas EZGO
2018 ezgo gas L6 wont run Gas EZGO
2018 EZGO Express S4 High Output Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.