lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Default Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

I just added a 6" lift and 23" tires. After install it appears that the front wheels are not in line with the body. One sticks out further forward than the other. Is there a way to adjust the axle back on one side to straighten this? I have searched and searched but i have found nothing. Thanks for the help.
matothett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,175
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

Pictures of the mounting points might help for some of us to offer help. Could be as simple as something just not being seated quite right. How far off does it seem to be?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
70oldsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 731
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by matothett View Post
I just added a 6" lift and 23" tires. After install it appears that the front wheels are not in line with the body. One sticks out further forward than the other. Is there a way to adjust the axle back on one side to straighten this? I have searched and searched but i have found nothing. Thanks for the help.
You should start by letting everyone know the year, make and model of your cart. I have a 1995 EZGO Medalist and the service manual shows how to align your front axle, see pic. Since I don't know what car you have, I don't know what your suspension looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front end 1.jpg (82.5 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
DFW Rusty's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 209
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

I assume your talking about the drop arm lift...

What ever you do, DONT DRIVE it until this issue is resoved!

To me, it sounds like you missed the leaf bolt hole on one side. I just did the 6" drop arm on mine a little over a month ago and I remember looking at mine thinking "why in the world did they only put one bolt going through the leaf pack?". If you missed the hole, you may be pushing the axle out to the end of the leaf pack, making the clamp device barely caching.

PICS would help this issue.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

not sure exact year but it is a 2001.5 and newer version. I think closer to the 2004 range. Configuration seems similar to yours. How do you adjust that forward and back?

also i have only owned a golf cart for about 1 month so very new to all of this.
matothett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I assume your talking about the drop arm lift...

What ever you do, DONT DRIVE it until this issue is resoved!

To me, it sounds like you missed the leaf bolt hole on one side. I just did the 6" drop arm on mine a little over a month ago and I remember looking at mine thinking "why in the world did they only put one bolt going through the leaf pack?". If you missed the hole, you may be pushing the axle out to the end of the leaf pack, making the clamp device barely caching.

PICS would help this issue.
I'll get some pictures tonight.
matothett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
DFW Rusty's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 209
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

If your front end looks like this I don't think there is any adjusting.....

DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 6
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I assume your talking about the drop arm lift...

What ever you do, DONT DRIVE it until this issue is resoved!

To me, it sounds like you missed the leaf bolt hole on one side. I just did the 6" drop arm on mine a little over a month ago and I remember looking at mine thinking "why in the world did they only put one bolt going through the leaf pack?". If you missed the hole, you may be pushing the axle out to the end of the leaf pack, making the clamp device barely caching.

PICS would help this issue.
WOW. You could not be more correct. I had a mechanic friend help on the lift and when I got home last night the right leaf spring was not all the way forward so the bolt was not in. I actually drove it around a bunch before posting and i guess i got super lucky. Thanks so much for the thought
matothett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
DFW Rusty's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 209
Default Re: Front Axle Problem with new 6" lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by matothett View Post
WOW. You could not be more correct. I had a mechanic friend help on the lift and when I got home last night the right leaf spring was not all the way forward so the bolt was not in. I actually drove it around a bunch before posting and i guess i got super lucky. Thanks so much for the thought


Glad I could help.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Front axle lift Electric EZGO
"Gasser style" front axle Design Center
97' Ezgo txt 23" tires rubbing the brake arm with 5" Drop Axle Lift..Spacers Needed? Lifted Golf Carts
Can I put an axle lift and "economy" lift on my 1990 ez-go? Electric EZGO
Front Lift Axle $60 Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.