lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
sigfla45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 128
Default Blue seas panel bolted?

I mounted my blue seas panel in the factory location (drivers side rear wheel well). I screwed it down but seeing the bare screws in the well has me thinking I should bolt it down. What does the factory do and what have others done? I have the bolts but canít find any small washers.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 01-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 921
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfla45 View Post
I mounted my blue seas panel in the factory location (drivers side rear wheel well). I screwed it down but seeing the bare screws in the well has me thinking I should bolt it down. What does the factory do and what have others done? I have the bolts but canít find any small washers.
I canít remember how it was originally, but I used bolts on my mine when I put the new one in. Use stainless steel and lock washers.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
Getting Wild
 
sigfla45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 128
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

I should also ask what gauge wire are you all running to the main +- terminals? I have an aux 12v so I was thinking maybe 8 gauge? I have no idea other than the largest I can easily fit in there.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #4
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 921
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfla45 View Post
I should also ask what gauge wire are you all running to the main +- terminals? I have an aux 12v so I was thinking maybe 8 gauge? I have no idea other than the largest I can easily fit in there.
https://99carstereo.com/what-gauge-wire-for-amp/


Thereís a chart on that page.
It looks like 10 would be plenty big to supply your fuse panel. 12 is probably ok too. I used 8 to supply my 30 amp reducer, but I had it on hand. Used a combination of 12 and 14 for all of the accessories.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 7,764
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
https://99carstereo.com/what-gauge-wire-for-amp/


Thereís a chart on that page.
It looks like 10 would be plenty big to supply your fuse panel. 12 is probably ok too. I used 8 to supply my 30 amp reducer, but I had it on hand. Used a combination of 12 and 14 for all of the accessories.
Red is what I used.
yurtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #6
Getting Wild
 
sigfla45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 128
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Well I had some 12 lying around so I finished it up while my TV and home internet are out. Car accident took out half the neighborhood but at least I still have power. Panel looks good.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2019, 11:04 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
70oldsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 624
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

My cart never had a fuse panel, so I made a bracket that came off the frame. I just screwed the panel to the bracket. Since I ran a battery disconnect switch, I ran 6 gauge cables for the negative and 10 gauge for the positive. I used a 60 amp fuse to feed the fuse panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse panel 2.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg battery disconnect.jpg (63.9 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:05 PM   #8
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 7,764
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
My cart never had a fuse panel, so I made a bracket that came off the frame. I just screwed the panel to the bracket. Since I ran a battery disconnect switch, I ran 6 gauge cables for the negative and 10 gauge for the positive. I used a 60 amp fuse to feed the fuse panel.
Nothing wrong with what you did, but you do realize that a series circuit is only as strong as its weakest link - or thinnest wire? Your thinnest wire is 10 AWG, so you gained nothing by running a 6 AWG.
yurtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2019, 12:59 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
70oldsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 624
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Nothing wrong with what you did, but you do realize that a series circuit is only as strong as its weakest link - or thinnest wire? Your thinnest wire is 10 AWG, so you gained nothing by running a 6 AWG.
Thanks for pointing that out. For the minimal amount of amps I'm drawing, 10 gauge wire is more than sufficient. I really only ran the 6 gauge because I had that wire and the right terminals for the battery disconnect switch. I didn't have large enough ring terminals for the 10 gauge wire. It wasn't done to gain anything, just basically using what I had.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #10
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 7,764
Default Re: Blue seas panel bolted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70oldsracer View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. For the minimal amount of amps I'm drawing, 10 gauge wire is more than sufficient. I really only ran the 6 gauge because I had that wire and the right terminals for the battery disconnect switch. I didn't have large enough ring terminals for the 10 gauge wire. It wasn't done to gain anything, just basically using what I had.
Kewl. Been there, done that.
yurtle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Exhaust not bolted to head? Gas EZGO
Brakes lock up when wheels are bolted Electric Club Car
New wheels and tires are bolted on! Check out the pics! Lifted Golf Carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.