lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #21
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 209
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Where in South Carolina are you located?
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-11-2019, 08:10 AM   #22
Getting Wild
 
bighanded's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 80
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtlandjs View Post
Where in South Carolina are you located?
Rock Hill...but happy to travel a bit to find a shop that is willing to help..and there's more work I'd like to have done to the cart so hopefully would make it worthwhile for someone.

thanks

Ed
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2019, 08:58 AM   #23
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,092
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
Rock Hill...but happy to travel a bit to find a shop that is willing to help..and there's more work I'd like to have done to the cart so hopefully would make it worthwhile for someone.

thanks

Ed
Ed, post a couple pics of how you got it wired and you’ll get fixed up quick. No closeups, people can zoom in as needed, but make sure you can see all of the wiring in the picture. Honestly, you’ll get it done.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #24
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 209
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Bighanded I'm in Moncks Corner. Check your messages
Courtlandjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #25
Getting Wild
 
bighanded's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 80
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Ed, post a couple pics of how you got it wired and you’ll get fixed up quick. No closeups, people can zoom in as needed, but make sure you can see all of the wiring in the picture. Honestly, you’ll get it done.
was running out of day...did not have the presence of mind to take pics of the Alltrax all cabled up...just tore it back out and reinstalled the old Curtis and confirmed all was working and called it a day..the cart gets used almost daily..didn't want to leave it nonfunctional.

I'll go over what I had connected and send over a note with all wiring..but I'm thinking it's something in addition..a better direction switch on the dash?, something in the throttle pedal?...just don't know...hoping to hook up with someone like Courtland that have experience...everything is probably so straightforward and I'm likely closer than I realize to success...anyway...except for changing out the plug ends on P1/P2...a physical swap out now is probably 30 minutes...having done it twice already (grin)...so maybe more homework on my part, calming down a bit, and another weekend to come.
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2019, 02:08 PM   #26
Getting Wild
 
bighanded's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 80
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Success !!
first...want to say thanks to all the great folks on this forum offering up helpa and encouragement... and particularly to Courtlands for being willing to have me bring my rig down to him for some hands on help...but fortunately 3rd time was the charm and didn't need to leave my own garage to get this done....
A special call-out to JC at CartsZone..which is where I originally purchased the Alltrax.. JC was willing to take his Saturday and give me a courtesy call to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid (at least not this time)...
I had it all almost completely installed by the time he rang my phone...but it was very comforting to be able to review with him before I put power to the rig. The Cartszone folks have been great to do biz with.

so...road test...

I'm pleased with the increased torque..kinda fun to feel the front end rise up when you put the juice to it.
First test ride found the speed limiter set to on by default...but other than that, the std settings felt good... hooked up the laptop and the app recognized the controller promptly...turned off the speed limiter, tweaked the regen a hair to help my wife's braking comfort level...back out onto the street clocking at 23.8mph...there's only so much motor there .. I get that...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like, but the off-road climbing torque..yeah.. .got me what I was hoping for from an old 2002 ezgo.

bout all that's left now is some turn signal (street legal kit).. as we have a couple places later this summer that we'll want to not get tangled with the law...I'm in SC..so we already have it titled/insured/and sticker from DMV..but only head/tail lights..no turn signal/horn etc...easy nuff.. i had already added a flood LED bar, underbody LED lighting,, stereo etc on a sepeate 12v marine battery and all the switches..easy stuff... was just choking on the controller install..and yeah, now that i've done it.. you guys are right...it's a relaxed hour down and up..given you have to change out a few cable ends

Ed
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #27
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 15,565
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
Success !!
first...want to say thanks to all the great folks on this forum offering up helpa and encouragement... and particularly to Courtlands for being willing to have me bring my rig down to him for some hands on help...but fortunately 3rd time was the charm and didn't need to leave my own garage to get this done....
A special call-out to JC at CartsZone..which is where I originally purchased the Alltrax.. JC was willing to take his Saturday and give me a courtesy call to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid (at least not this time)...
I had it all almost completely installed by the time he rang my phone...but it was very comforting to be able to review with him before I put power to the rig. The Cartszone folks have been great to do biz with.

so...road test...

I'm pleased with the increased torque..kinda fun to feel the front end rise up when you put the juice to it.
First test ride found the speed limiter set to on by default...but other than that, the std settings felt good... hooked up the laptop and the app recognized the controller promptly...turned off the speed limiter, tweaked the regen a hair to help my wife's braking comfort level...back out onto the street clocking at 23.8mph...there's only so much motor there .. I get that...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like, but the off-road climbing torque..yeah.. .got me what I was hoping for from an old 2002 ezgo.

bout all that's left now is some turn signal (street legal kit).. as we have a couple places later this summer that we'll want to not get tangled with the law...I'm in SC..so we already have it titled/insured/and sticker from DMV..but only head/tail lights..no turn signal/horn etc...easy nuff.. i had already added a flood LED bar, underbody LED lighting,, stereo etc on a sepeate 12v marine battery and all the switches..easy stuff... was just choking on the controller install..and yeah, now that i've done it.. you guys are right...it's a relaxed hour down and up..given you have to change out a few cable ends

Ed
You're crippling the controller by turning the speed limiter off. Motor RPM is used to mitigate the field mapping for low end torque and for top speed as well as controlling the amount regen braking. (Adjusts Field Amps amps vs RPM to produce about the same amount of braking through the RPM spectrum)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #28
Getting Wild
 
bighanded's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 80
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You're crippling the controller by turning the speed limiter off. Motor RPM is used to mitigate the field mapping for low end torque and for top speed as well as controlling the amount regen braking. (Adjusts Field Amps amps vs RPM to produce about the same amount of braking through the RPM spectrum)
wow..thanks Johnnie...I'll look forward to getting back out to the garage and reconnecting the laptop and learning more...

you are a huge huge resource on this forum...

Ed
bighanded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #29
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 15,565
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighanded View Post
wow..thanks Johnnie...I'll look forward to getting back out to the garage and reconnecting the laptop and learning more...

you are a huge huge resource on this forum...

Ed
My philosophy is to groom the setup for maximum energy efficiency of the components installed and then RPM limit to max desired speed and make adjustments to the various max amps sliders and throttle curves to match the desires and comfort level of the driver. If the is more than one driver, more than one user profile is needed and the XCT offers that option.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #30
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 56
Default Re: 2002 - TXT Curtis 300 controller - to Alltrax upgrade wiring help

Two questions:

First, what was wrong that you got right?

Second , could you explain this statement, as in how so?

“at...so on a bit of an incline..it doesn't hold the top speed as well as I'd like”
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
82 DS Solid State Upgrade - Curtis PB-6 Wiring Electric Club Car
DCS controller reliability-New Alltrax vs. old Curtis Electric EZGO
2002 DS IQ Curtis Controller and D&D Motor Compatible?? Electric Club Car
Curtis Controller Vs. Alltrax Electric EZGO
2007 PDS Alltrax v/s Curtis Controller Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.