lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #11
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
a 2006 EZGO cart with sepex drive is a PDS, so put the controller in diagnostic mode and listen for beeped error codes when it misbehaves.

Text at bottom of attached PDS label tells you how to get into diagnostic mode.

Also, how tall are the tires?

Stock height is 18". If they are taller, the controller might be going into thermal shutdown.
Thanks for the pic. The tires are bigger, the cart looks like a bad boy honestly.
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 09-05-2019, 07:10 AM   #12
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

I did the 5x Reverse with the key off and on Run and after a pause it beeped 1 time??
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #13
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 15,993
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by --sYs-- View Post
I did the 5x Reverse with the key off and on Run and after a pause it beeped 1 time??
Clip your DVM test leads onto the controller's B- and B+ terminals and have someone drive cart while you watch the voltage.

What is the voltage when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click?
What is the lowest voltage dropped to while driving?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #14
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Clip your DVM test leads onto the controller's B- and B+ terminals and have someone drive cart while you watch the voltage.

What is the voltage when the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click?
What is the lowest voltage dropped to while driving?
Thanks for the help and reply JohnnieB. I do not have a dvm tester and I'm not sure what/where the controller is either. Newb to this bud.
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #15
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

I may be able to get one from my maintenance department though. I'll check back.

*I cannot get one as of now
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #16
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 15,993
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

If you plan on maintaining an electric drive cart, you'll need a DMM (Digital Multi Meter.) An inexpensive one from a discount store will work. Needs to resolve voltages under 10V to two decimal places (IE: 6.37V)and one decimal place over 10V (IE: 38.2V)

Controller is under a cover under the passenger seat.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #17
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
If you plan on maintaining an electric drive cart, you'll need a DMM (Digital Multi Meter.) An inexpensive one from a discount store will work. Needs to resolve voltages under 10V to two decimal places (IE: 6.37V)and one decimal place over 10V (IE: 38.2V)

Controller is under a cover under the passenger seat.
I'll get one at Harbour Freight or a similar place this weekend and get back with you JB, thanks again!

*Wouldn't happen to have a link to what I need specifically. Thank you
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #18
Gone Wild
 
bronsonj's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

Here is the one I bought:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...M300/206517192

But that was nearly $30. You can get one that'll work well enough from HF for $6

Chances are your charger and cart is fine. I'd bet a quarter you have one or more bad batteries or bad high current cables. The digital multi meter will help you diagnose stuff like that without spending $$$ on parts to hope they were the problem.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2019, 09:59 AM   #19
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 11
Default Re: 2006 TXT issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Here is the one I bought:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...M300/206517192

But that was nearly $30. You can get one that'll work well enough from HF for $6

Chances are your charger and cart is fine. I'd bet a quarter you have one or more bad batteries or bad high current cables. The digital multi meter will help you diagnose stuff like that without spending $$$ on parts to hope they were the problem.
The batteries shouldn't be a problem, I bought all new last week. Thanks for the link, I'll get one this weekend and give it a go.
--sYs-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New to me 2006 TXT and having issues with headlights Electric EZGO
2006 gas club car light issues Gas Club Car
2006 st 4x4 issues Gas EZGO
2006 Precendent OBC issues Electric Club Car
2006 48v club car electrical issues! Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.