lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #9061
Gone Wild
 
LukeL's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,078
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
That is awesome! Just the battery cores are worth more than that if they were bad.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
That's actually the main reason I got it. I have way fewer cores than I do carts

But I can't bring myself to part this one out. It's too solid!
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #9062
Getting Wild
 
DubK's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sugar Land, TEXAS
Posts: 105
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Installed the new SW180 solenoid from Scottyb today on my 79. I had no electrical knowledge whatsoever and hardly know anything about working on carts. Went to home Depot and bought some spade terminal ends and wire cutters/crimpers, watched a YouTube tutorial on it that Scotty sent me, and went to work. Got the new solenoid on by following his instructions step by step. Had to drill another hole to get the mounting points to line up but I made it work. I changed all the battery cables, FR switch, solenoid and to the motor to new 4 gauge cables also. It fixed my overheating problem and I can ride much longer! I also gained 1 mph. Up to 14 mph! Not bad for an old 3 wheel stock resistor cart! My next step is to get the 40 year old motor refreshed/rewound for even better performance. Thank you everybody for all your advice on this project. Don't know what I would do without y'all!

DubK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2018, 05:04 AM   #9063
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Upstate Western New York
Posts: 21
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Picked up my new to me 2013 TXT. It took longer than expected,but it finally came. On the charger getting ready for a good test run. Batteries are dame age as the cart so there will be new ones some time in the near future. My friend told me to run it for. Week. If I'm not happy, bring it back. There are 29 more to pick from.
Going to clean the batteries and cables and do a general maintenance and cleaning. Now it's time to start the mod,s on it. If I can figure out how to post pics from my phone, I will.
Doubles Shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #9064
Gone Wild
 
Dixie Chopper's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 330
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubles Shooter View Post
Picked up my new to me 2013 TXT. It took longer than expected,but it finally came. On the charger getting ready for a good test run. Batteries are dame age as the cart so there will be new ones some time in the near future. My friend told me to run it for. Week. If I'm not happy, bring it back. There are 29 more to pick from.
Going to clean the batteries and cables and do a general maintenance and cleaning. Now it's time to start the mod,s on it. If I can figure out how to post pics from my phone, I will.
What does a cart like that go for in your area if you don't mind me asking?
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2018, 10:19 AM   #9065
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Upstate Western New York
Posts: 21
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
What does a cart like that go for in your area if you don't mind me asking?
I got a special price from my friend for mine. The cart would have a regular price of$24-2600.
Doubles Shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #9066
Gone Wild
 
vagabond's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lake Elsinore Ca.
Posts: 542
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

just finished the carbon fiber dash and stereo pod and new wheels and tires,
still have to finish the indash forward & reverse switch eiring
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #9067
Gone Wild
 
Dixie Chopper's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 330
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
just finished the carbon fiber dash and stereo pod and new wheels and tires,
still have to finish the indash forward & reverse switch eiring
Is there a picture? Just wondering if it's my computer acting up.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #9068
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Upstate Western New York
Posts: 21
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Still no pictures. The computer crashed. Anyway, yesterday I put on my 20" off road tires w/ camo wheels, fender flares, rear seat, and clays basket. Today I hooked up one of Scotty's DVM's and a brand new free, street legal light kit. Seeing how this is going to be a hunting cart I rewired it to have the option of disabling the the brake lights and daytime running lights with switches when I'm the woods.
More to come.
Doubles Shooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #9069
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: North Central Texas
Posts: 19
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Drug home a basket case 1997-2000? TXT. Body panels are two different colors and were just sitting on the frame when I rolled it up on the trailer. It has a HEAVY hand made storage rack behind the seat. Gonna need a set a batteries. No top or supports....

Owner kept the front cowl/nose and brush guard off of it and from looking at them they resemble the front cowl of a Workhorse?? Wonder if my pile started life as a Workhorse??? Never heard of one till I researched em.

Was just going to part it out to bring my resistor cart into this century, but may hack it back together as a second cart.

More info on my Johnny Cash cart as I dig into this thing.

#IgotTheSickness
Binderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #9070
Gone Wild
 
Dixie Chopper's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 330
Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binderman View Post
Drug home a basket case 1997-2000? TXT. Body panels are two different colors and were just sitting on the frame when I rolled it up on the trailer. It has a HEAVY hand made storage rack behind the seat. Gonna need a set a batteries. No top or supports....

Owner kept the front cowl/nose and brush guard off of it and from looking at them they resemble the front cowl of a Workhorse?? Wonder if my pile started life as a Workhorse??? Never heard of one till I researched em.

Was just going to part it out to bring my resistor cart into this century, but may hack it back together as a second cart.

More info on my Johnny Cash cart as I dig into this thing.

#IgotTheSickness
You can never have too many. I decided to keep the white one in the pic below for my wife because she said "Mine's too fast" LMAO


Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
got another cart today Gas EZGO
New toy came today!!! Big Block Talk!
I took apart my front end today. Lifted Golf Carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.