lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
cinder's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 85
Default Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

I was looking at the plum quick website and was thinking of sending my motor in to them. I have not seen a lot of posts on this site about the motors. Is it worth the $225.00 to upgrade the motor. I do not see a lot of other members going with these motors. Why is that? I have a 97 36 volt ez go with an 400 amp alltrax controller. Is there a better route to spend the $225.00. Thanks
cinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
huntinghawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NC Florida
Posts: 348
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

You may want to consider a 48v upgrade first.
huntinghawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
nimda
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,912
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

Theres MANY threads and members who have them, just search and you'll see. You wont find a better deal either. All I have heard is good things. 48 volts is a good upgrade too.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #4
Getting Wild
 
cinder's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 85
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Theres MANY threads and members who have them, just search and you'll see. You wont find a better deal either. All I have heard is good things.
I did a search but figured I would find a lot more users with the motor. The 48 volt upgrade looks good as well, but figured I ask about the Plum Quick.
cinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
Not your usual outlaw
 
essness's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Near Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 19,851
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

I have yet to hear even one bad thing about a PQ motor! I'm a gas guy, but if I were to get a sparky, I'd call PQ tell them what I'm looking for and let them direct me

Good luck!
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Moderator
 
rib33024's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FT Lauderdale FL.
Posts: 13,126
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

Here's a few post on the plum quick motor--I think 60 post
PQ is a very nice motor to add to your cart--

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/searc...FORID:11&hl=en
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cv.JPG (134.5 KB, 30 views)
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: At the race track(Texas)
Posts: 946
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinder View Post
I was looking at the plum quick website and was thinking of sending my motor in to them. I have not seen a lot of posts on this site about the motors. Is it worth the $225.00 to upgrade the motor. I do not see a lot of other members going with these motors. Why is that? I have a 97 36 volt ez go with an 400 amp alltrax controller. Is there a better route to spend the $225.00. Thanks
cinder!!! it is worth $225.00 just to get to know Robby & the plum quick boys..I am a drag racer. Going fast is all I care about.. And I know how to do it.. So if you are going to be fast. You need a motor to rise to the occasion.. 6 out 7 of the fastest drag golf carts in the world use a Plum Quick motor...If my PQ motor lives at over 200-volts yours will do just fine at 48-volts.. But if you talk to Robby. Dont mention the 200-volts... I dont want to void my warranty...





GarageBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #8
no clue
 
madoc1's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: spicewood, texas
Posts: 3,309
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

wow gb, that is one heck of set up.! jim
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!
 
scubabud's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 2,945
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageBuilt View Post
cinder!!! it is worth $225.00 just to get to know Robby & the plum quick boys..I am a drag racer. Going fast is all I care about.. And I know how to do it.. So if you are going to be fast. You need a motor to rise to the occasion.. 6 out 7 of the fastest drag golf carts in the world use a Plum Quick motor...If my PQ motor lives at over 200-volts yours will do just fine at 48-volts.. But if you talk to Robby. Dont mention the 200-volts... I dont want to void my warranty...





What GB isn't telling you is that he also carries a 1/4 mile of 10 gauge extension cord as well... plugged into his generator at the starting line Just Kidding!!!! Very nice pictures GB... that is one beautiful race cart

PlumQuick is the best for several reasons... and it all starts at the top... like Carson, Robby and Rick... they make PlumQuick and they make the motors that are... how do we say it... Just Plum Quick
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #10
Gone Wild
 
buckmanmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Snellville, Ga.
Posts: 1,060
Default Re: Plum Quick Motor, Should I Buy.

Thats a well said thread.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Plum Quick Motor and speed update Electric Club Car
Plum Quick Assassin Electric EZGO
Reference for Plum Quick?? Electric Club Car
Ordered a 48V Plum Quick Speed Motor Electric Club Car
Be Plum Quick in a few days Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.