Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric EZGO (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/)
-   -   activate the controller (stupid question) (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/65057-activate-controller-stupid-question.html)

lithoman 05-30-2012 08:16 PM

activate the controller (stupid question)
 
I want to program my alltrax 500 controller while still in the cart. It says I need to activate the controller. How do I do this without having to jack up the back end, as the light only comes on when i turn on the cart, and depress the petal.

Bowslayer 05-30-2012 08:56 PM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
I did mine by just locking the parking brake and pushing the throttle just enough for the solenoid to click but the cart not to move.






EDIT:

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!

scottyb 05-30-2012 09:27 PM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowslayer (Post 732549)
I did mine by just locking the parking brake and pushing the throttle just enough for the solenoid to click but the cart not to move.

The correct way to do this is to use a jumper wire from the battery pack main + to the controller pin #1. Simply remove the wire that is plugged into the #1 pin and connect the jumper, the green light should blink a code indicating the throttle input setting and turn solid green indicating you are ready to open the controller program software and proceed.

Bowslayer 05-30-2012 09:28 PM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 732572)
The correct way to do this is to use a jumper wire from the battery pack main + to the controller pin #1. Simply remove the wire that is plugged into the #1 pin and connect the jumper, the green light should blink a code indicating the throttle input setting and turn solid green indicating you are ready to open the controller program software.

I never said I did it the correct way. :lhmo:

scottyb 05-30-2012 09:39 PM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowslayer (Post 732574)
I never said I did it the correct way. :lhmo:

I just didn't want to hear about anybody having an runaway cart accident trying to program a controller :-P

lithoman 05-30-2012 10:15 PM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
That's what I needed to know :thumbup:
Thanks

yurtle 05-31-2012 06:39 AM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
The way I do it is unsafe, but with my controller mounted over the motor, it's just easier. The parking brake can't be engaged if you have it and the throttle micro correctly adjusted. I press my throttle until the solenoid just clicks with one hand. I navigate the computer with my other hand. You should also be able to do this seated in your cart and using your foot on the pedal, which will allow you to hit the brake if necessary, but I trust my hand more than my foot, to hold the pedal in place.

This assumes your ITS or pot box and micro are adjusted correctly. It also assumes a "stock" throttle curve, which means 0% when the throttle micro first engages.

I do this in my garage in forward, so even if it were to lurch, it would hit my work bench, and not go flying into something else.





EDIT:



BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!

lithoman 05-31-2012 09:51 AM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
****, I had my lawyer standing by !!! Then you had to add that disclaimer. :thumbdown:

Bowslayer 05-31-2012 11:32 AM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yurtle (Post 732729)
The way I do it is unsafe, but with my controller mounted over the motor, it's just easier. The parking brake can't be engaged if you have it and the throttle micro correctly adjusted. I press my throttle until the solenoid just clicks with one hand. I navigate the computer with my other hand. You should also be able to do this seated in your cart and using your foot on the pedal, which will allow you to hit the brake if necessary, but I trust my hand more than my foot, to hold the pedal in place.

This assumes your ITS or pot box and micro are adjusted correctly. It also assumes a "stock" throttle curve, which means 0% when the throttle micro first engages.

I do this in my garage in forward, so even if it were to lurch, it would hit my work bench, and not go flying into something else.





EDIT:



BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!

Now that I think about it I didn't have my parking brake locked either :lhmo:

yurtle 05-31-2012 05:41 PM

Re: activate the controller (stupid question)
 
I have no problem with disclaimers and/or with outright deletions, when it comes to safety. I started my post with my own disclaimer, and I only do this if I wanna change a single setting, then immediately jump in and drive. Most of my initial setup was done with jack-stands. The OP CLEARLY stated he wanted to do this w/o jack-stands.

Besides, doesn't Larry routinely hit Curley in the head with a hammer?

Different era!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.