lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #1
Gone Wild
 
as350pilot's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 516
Default Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Like the title says my '01 series txt is running 10mph in forward and 17mph in reverse. The direction selector is working in the correct direction. I swapped the A and C positions on the directional selector, still the same thing. What am I missing? Obviously it's probably a simple thing that I am over looking...
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The hills of WV...
Posts: 305
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

wow... how did ya hang on to it going backwards at 17 mph????
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,449
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Quote:
Originally Posted by subby44 View Post
wow... how did ya hang on to it going backwards at 17 mph????
He lets his co-pilot steer.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #4
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,449
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
Like the title says my '01 series txt is running 10mph in forward and 17mph in reverse. The direction selector is working in the correct direction. I swapped the A and C positions on the directional selector, still the same thing. What am I missing? Obviously it's probably a simple thing that I am over looking...
First, verify the cart moves with equal ease in both directions (IE: Bad bearing or dragging brake shoes, etc.)

Measure from the M- to the B+ terminals on the controller while driving.
You should get the same voltage (Full battery pack voltage) in both direction when flat out.
IF so, the problem is F/R switch or motor related.
If not, it has something to do with the controller.

Hopefully, these few tests will get you pointed in the right direction. (No pun intended)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #5
Gone Wild
 
as350pilot's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 516
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

It wasn't easy...
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Gone Wild
 
as350pilot's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 516
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
First, verify the cart moves with equal ease in both directions (IE: Bad bearing or dragging brake shoes, etc.)

Measure from the M- to the B+ terminals on the controller while driving.
You should get the same voltage (Full battery pack voltage) in both direction when flat out.
IF so, the problem is F/R switch or motor related.
If not, it has something to do with the controller.

Hopefully, these few tests will get you pointed in the right direction. (No pun intended)
It has nothing dragging in the brakes. I also get full voltage.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,449
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
It has nothing dragging in the brakes. I also get full voltage.
If you are getting full voltage in both directions, that sorta narrows it down to the F/R switch contact or the Motor.

The high current part of the F/R switch consists of four stationary contacts and four movable contacts.
The movable contacts are two pairs that are connected with a bus bar and are located on the cam that the F/R lever moves.

All eight contacts and both bus bars have total current flowing through them whether the F/R is in F or R, but which contacts are touching are different for each direction, so they might not be lining up the same, or have the same contact tension, in both directions.

ScottyB from Carts Unlimited has posted instructions on how to adjust and align F/R switches, but I can't find it in my stash, so I must have not saved a copy. (I have a PDS and didn't need it)
Give him a yell and he will probably post it again.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
fishb8's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 523
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

If your controller uses the half speed reverse, remove it and see if you get 17mph in both directions.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
as350pilot's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 516
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishb8 View Post
If your controller uses the half speed reverse, remove it and see if you get 17mph in both directions.
i will try that.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
as350pilot's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 516
Default Re: Cart runs 10mph in foward and 17 in reverse....help

Well the cart hauls butt in both directions with the 1/2 speed reverse lead disconnected. I don't want that to be the answer, so I guess I will keep troubleshootiing...
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
foward reverse Electric EZGO
no foward or reverse Electric EZGO
Foward in reverse and reverse in forward Electric Club Car
:help:HELP on non-dcs cart foward and reverse issues Electric EZGO
cart jerks in foward and reverse Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.