lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A little North of Austin, Texas
Posts: 8
Talking Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

Found a 2002 ezgo it was cheap,just had to haul it away, but I have no clue where the controller wires go. Posted an image of it. I found no wiring diagrams that look like it. Thanks
There is not a little switch on the cover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0312.jpg (196.6 KB, 0 views)
badbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Columbia, Texas
Posts: 7,975
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

that means its a series cart......


Series Cart Wiring Diagram.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A little North of Austin, Texas
Posts: 8
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

That diagram does not have enough pins, mine has 4 large ones and 4 small ones
thanks and the solenoid has more wires than that diagram. thanks
badbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #4
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 6,286
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

Stickies are your best friend. Here's a few:

Owner's, Parts, and Service Manuals:
Basic Ezgo electric golf cart wiring and manuals

Dana Axle:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...5-28148g01.pdf

Golf Cart Serial Number Lookup:

http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html

Controller/Motor Type:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...go-guide-2.jpg
Guide to tell if Ezgo is Series or Sepex(regen) system
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,177
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbo View Post
That diagram does not have enough pins, mine has 4 large ones and 4 small ones
thanks and the solenoid has more wires than that diagram. thanks
Looks like a HD series controller. What body style is it?
This is a schematic for a 48V Shuttle with a series drive system, but I believe they used the same innards in Workhorse and ST bodies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shuttle 48V series schematic.JPG (66.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Master of All Things
 
Sir Nuke's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Columbia, Texas
Posts: 7,975
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

crap.....I snagged the wrong one......this is the one I intended to post, which is pretty much the same as johnnies. but shows a 36v pack.



Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A little North of Austin, Texas
Posts: 8
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Looks like a HD series controller. What body style is it?
This is a schematic for a 48V Shuttle with a series drive system, but I believe they used the same innards in Workhorse and ST bodies.
Thanks, this looks like the correct one although it has 6 -6v batteries.
badbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
kernal's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Peachtree City, Ga.
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

A picture of the whole cart would be nice. My cart came from the factory configured like this and was called a shuttle 2+2 (TXT). Basically a series style TXT with a factory installed rear seat, 400amp curtis controller, a 1.87 KW motor and probably lights. (36v)
It's wiring configuration looks more like the one johnnieB posted. A2 comes from the motor to A2 on the controller. Another wire goes from A2 on the controller to the 6 oclock position on the F/R switch. This is for plug braking. (not necessary for operation) Aftermarket controllers don't use the A2 connection and A2 goes from the motor directly to the F/R switch.
The solenoid has 3 small wires to it. 2 red and one black. The 2 red wires go to the same connection (small post) and this now sets that side as positive. The small black wire goes to the other small post which is now negative. There should be a diode connected between the small posts with the stripe on the diode toward the positive side (where the red wires connect). There should also be a resister connected between the small posts (not polarity sensitive).
kernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: A little North of Austin, Texas
Posts: 8
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
A picture of the whole cart would be nice. My cart came from the factory configured like this and was called a shuttle 2+2 (TXT). Basically a series style TXT with a factory installed rear seat, 400amp curtis controller, a 1.87 KW motor and probably lights. (36v)
It's wiring configuration looks more like the one johnnieB posted. A2 comes from the motor to A2 on the controller. Another wire goes from A2 on the controller to the 6 oclock position on the F/R switch. This is for plug braking. (not necessary for operation) Aftermarket controllers don't use the A2 connection and A2 goes from the motor directly to the F/R switch.
The solenoid has 3 small wires to it. 2 red and one black. The 2 red wires go to the same connection (small post) and this now sets that side as positive. The small black wire goes to the other small post which is now negative. There should be a diode connected between the small posts with the stripe on the diode toward the positive side (where the red wires connect). There should also be a resister connected between the small posts (not polarity sensitive).
Yes thanks, it sounds like the same one as mine. All the small wires are still connected from solenoid to controller, so was only worried about the big wires. Thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0318.jpg (73.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0317.jpg (83.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0316.jpg (45.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0315.jpg (88.9 KB, 0 views)
badbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #10
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,177
Default Re: Wiring problem 2002 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbo View Post
Thanks, this looks like the correct one although it has 6 -6v batteries.
This one is for a 1205 controller and 36V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 875 - 1205 controller Schematic.JPG (88.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
another 2002 PDS problem Electric EZGO
2002 IQ run problem Electric Club Car
Wiring Diagram for 2002 CC DS Electric Club Car
1980 ezgo wiring problem Electric golf carts
2002 EZGO PDS speed problem Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.