Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/)
-   Electric EZGO (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/)
-   -   Sluggish ride (http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/91177-sluggish-ride.html)

mdaddyrabbit 03-09-2014 03:04 PM

Sluggish ride
 
I charge my batteries until they are full and the charger kicks out. When I ride on the cement or asphalt it runs well but when on grass or on a hill it slows to a crawl. What do you guys think is my issue?

1993 Marathon
2009 batteries

Sir Nuke 03-09-2014 08:35 PM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
the fact that your batteries are 4 - 5 years old.

mdaddyrabbit 03-09-2014 09:09 PM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
How do I check these batteries to determine if they are the culprit?

720Deere 03-09-2014 09:24 PM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
Check your pack voltage 12 hours after fully charged. You should see at least 37.5 volts. Then you need to check each battery individually to see if one or several are weak.

mdaddyrabbit 03-09-2014 09:35 PM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 720Deere (Post 996731)
Check your pack voltage 12 hours after fully charged. You should see at least 37.5 volts. Then you need to check each battery individually to see if one or several are weak.

What is the method for checking for the 37.5 volts?

Sir Nuke 03-10-2014 06:42 AM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdaddyrabbit (Post 996740)
What is the method for checking for the 37.5 volts?

if you don't have a DVM installed in your carts dash......just use your hand held DVM across the entire pack. from the + of the first battery to the - of the last one.

mdaddyrabbit 03-10-2014 07:14 AM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
I forgot to mention, when I charge the cart the smell in my building is nearly unbearable. Cross between rotten eggs and metal smell...almost scared to walk in the building. Is this normal?

Sir Nuke 03-10-2014 07:21 AM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdaddyrabbit (Post 996854)
I forgot to mention, when I charge the cart the smell in my building is nearly unbearable. Cross between rotten eggs and metal smell...almost scared to walk in the building. Is this normal?

no....that strong.

have you checked the water level recently?

do you charge the cart with the seat down?

Jd62 03-10-2014 07:22 AM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
Smell like acid.... Check your water level in your batteries.

mdaddyrabbit 03-15-2014 07:11 PM

Re: Sluggish ride
 
I checked the water in the batteries and none of them showed any.....Have I ruined my batteries?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.