lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
blh
Not Yet Wild
 
blh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 69
Default 91 ezgo

need help will go in reverse ,but no forward .91 ezgo 36v. have changed fnr switch,no help.checked all wires tight. I know solenoid and pot is good because of reverse.
blh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: 91 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blh View Post
need help will go in reverse ,but no forward .91 ezgo 36v. have changed fnr switch,no help.checked all wires tight. I know solenoid and pot is good because of reverse.
Does the solenoid click in Forward?

If not, the problem is associated with MS-2 on F/R assembly. Probably not the switch itself, but something like the indentation in the cam the roller is supposed to fall into is full of debris, or the cam isn't being rotated all the way to the Forward mechanical stop.

If the solenoid is clicking in Forward, pull the black and white wires from the pot-box off the controller and measure the Ohms between them while F/R is in F. Should be about 0-5k. If it goes above about 7K, the controller thinks the pot is open and won't pass amps to motor.

Note: When F/R is in R, a fixed 5K resistor is placed in parallel with the Pot-Box, so the controller sees 0-2.5k. Therefore, if the pot was out of range in F, it might very well be in range in R.
JohnnieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #3
blh
Not Yet Wild
 
blh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 69
Default Re: 91 ezgo

the relay clicks in forward. will check the pot box tomorrow. thank u
blh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #4
blh
Not Yet Wild
 
blh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 69
Default Re: 91 ezgo

changed fnr with good switch.same problem.switched wires on fnr. f make the motor go in revers.r will not go forward.changed wires back. reverse ok.forward still no go. pot checks out 0,0-5k.i think problem is in motor.while holding pedal down, I rolled tire and it started going. will pull my plum quick of and install stock to see.
blh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #5
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: 91 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blh View Post
changed fnr with good switch.same problem.switched wires on fnr. f make the motor go in revers.r will not go forward.changed wires back. reverse ok.forward still no go. pot checks out 0,0-5k.i think problem is in motor.while holding pedal down, I rolled tire and it started going. will pull my plum quick of and install stock to see.
If switching high current cables on F/R switch get the motor to run in reverse but not forward while it originally was running in forward but not reverse, says the F?R switch is the problem.
JohnnieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
blh
Not Yet Wild
 
blh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 69
Default Re: 91 ezgo

it never ran in forward just reverse.r ran reverse,when I changed cables f ran reverse, changed fnr with another same problem. I held pedal dowen in forward and rolled tire by hand and it started up. thinking something in motor will install stock motor this weekend and see. haven't got anything but time to lose/
blh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #7
Techno-Nerd
 
JohnnieB's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: 91 ezgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blh View Post
it never ran in forward just reverse.r ran reverse,when I changed cables f ran reverse, changed fnr with another same problem. I held pedal dowen in forward and rolled tire by hand and it started up. thinking something in motor will install stock motor this weekend and see. haven't got anything but time to lose/
I misunderstood what happened when the cables were switched.
So the motor will run CW but not CCW (or vice versa), unless it is nudged by hand.
That does point to a motor issue.
JohnnieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.