lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Default What can you pros tell me?

Here are some pics of the cart I am thinking of picking up soon, what can you guys tell me about it? Good and Bad, I need to know so I can make a decision... Thanks Aaron



aarolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southwest Georgia
Posts: 610
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

What is the asking price and does it run ? I know you were asking about batteries earlier.

I'm no "pro", but I know they'll ask these questions.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,078
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Okay it is just one persons opinion but I wouldn't look twice at it? IMHO= It is old and ugly- heck the seats are painted! Others will need to know how much $ to decide? Hope I haven't offended anyone, (except the person who painted the seats!) I am surprised the tires and wheels weren't painted!
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay it is just one persons opinion but I wouldn't look twice at it? IMHO= It is old and ugly- heck the seats are painted! Others will need to know how much $ to decide? Hope I haven't offended anyone, (except the person who painted the seats!) I am surprised the tires and wheels weren't painted!
I have every intention of painting everything flat green or black so the paint is no problem, this is going to be a hunting cart strictly no pretty's at all. I am mainly speaking of the electronic under the seat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk
What is the asking price and does it run ? I know you were asking about batteries earlier.

I'm no "pro", but I know they'll ask these questions.
He is asking 500$ and he says it should run fine with a new set of batteys but the old set is completely shot...
aarolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #5
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southwest Georgia
Posts: 610
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Just my opinion, but I think you can get a better deal for a few more dollars.


I think in you area you should be able to find a '01-'03 cart for $1200-$1300.
If you pay $500 for the cart and have another $450-$500 in new batteries you are not far from the $1200. Just my opinion, but I'd shop around for a better deal.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
Just my opinion, but I think you can get a better deal for a few more dollars.


I think in you area you should be able to find a '01-'03 cart for $1200-$1300.
If you pay $500 for the cart and have another $450-$500 in new batteries you are not far from the $1200. Just my opinion, but I'd shop around for a better deal.
Prices as I have seen are alot higher than you think, for 1200$ I can get a 97ish model. any thing 0x model is 2k or more... I have been shopping a good bit and there is a local 97 Yamaha that the guy wants 1200$ for with a charger and good batterys...
aarolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Southwest Georgia
Posts: 610
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarolar View Post
Prices as I have seen are alot higher than you think, for 1200$ I can get a 97ish model. any thing 0x model is 2k or more... I have been shopping a good bit and there is a local 97 Yamaha that the guy wants 1200$ for with a charger and good batterys...
I got a buddy here in Thomasville that is selling stock 05's for $1950-$2000.
They have original batteries and are fleet carts, I would have thought a '01 or '02 would have been a lot less.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 43
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
I got a buddy here in Thomasville that is selling stock 05's for $1950-$2000.
They have original batteries and are fleet carts, I would have thought a '01 or '02 would have been a lot less.
I guess there is less supply and more demand here...
aarolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
Home of the Teeny Weaney
 
Saltysteele's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SW Mich.
Posts: 1,013
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

500 + the cost of batteries.

how much work do you want to put into a cart.

one that always sticks in my mind is bedred's. that thing went from junk to crunk (as the kids would say) :P
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 10:47 PM   #10
Cartsunlimited.net
 
scottyb's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 64,078
Default Re: What can you pros tell me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltysteele View Post
500 + the cost of batteries.

how much work do you want to put into a cart.

one that always sticks in my mind is bedred's. that thing went from junk to crunk (as the kids would say) :P
"crunk"? dare I ask?

In So Cal you can get a nice plastic body no rust good batteries cart for $1200 - $1500 gas for 2-300 more....So seems like that is a lot $ for an older metal body cart from rust country.....that's all...
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
pros and cons of lifts.... Lifted Golf Carts
6" or 8" Pros and cons Lifted Golf Carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.