lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 17
Default Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Just wanting to find out some information aboute your Emerge 2 or 4
First How many miles are you getting to a full charge?
Any problems to mention?
Any information at all concerning the Tomberlin Emerge 2 or 4:
gyoung4@ec.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 09-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 27
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

I have a 2008 E-2. I'm commuting daily about 13 miles total. It was the cheapest way I could get into an electric vehicle. The vehicle is very sturdy but the driving experience is equivilent to a model T. I love it
darwinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 27
Thumbs up Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyoung4@ec.rr.com View Post
Just wanting to find out some information aboute your Emerge 2 or 4
First How many miles are you getting to a full charge?
Any problems to mention?
Any information at all concerning the Tomberlin Emerge 2 or 4:
I got my E-Merge 2 in July and have put 350 miles on it. The only problems I have had were with the emergency brake ratchet button (stuck) and a squeak in the left front (Warped Brake Rotor). Both were quickly handled by the Dealer. Also, the ride is a little harsh and the steering could use some dampening. Because of the short wheelbase it responds very quickly and there is a lot of feed back to the steering wheel. My only reservation is that it is built in China but it was the cheapest way to get into a street legal electric vehicle. Regarding the miles to a full charge I can only guess but the gage on the dash has never been below half way and I drive a max of 13 miles in a day for my commute. My commute is 3.25 miles and I come home for lunch where it gets about 30 minutes on the charger and then back to work. They claim 30 miles to 80% discharge. Personally I would not go that low because I want these batteries to last as long as possible. Overall I am very happy with the car. The Frame and suspension are very solid and the 205/50-10 tires work well. I am hoping to hop it up after it gets out of warranty. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
darwinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wallace, NC
Posts: 21
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

I have a 2007 E-2. I don't know how many miles on charge, I travel only a few miles a day and keep it on charge when not being used.
I too had problems but all fixed.
I'm going to replace my 10" tires with 12" tires and hopefully install a radio. I have a weather enclosure and golf bag rack. Have you found any other add-on for this cart????
JerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 27
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
I have a 2007 E-2. I don't know how many miles on charge, I travel only a few miles a day and keep it on charge when not being used.
I too had problems but all fixed.
I'm going to replace my 10" tires with 12" tires and hopefully install a radio. I have a weather enclosure and golf bag rack. Have you found any other add-on for this cart????
My dealer, Marxcarts.com will trick it out any way you want and has a good website. Mine is Street legal and bare bones although I do have side curtains for rain. I'm in an area where the appearance of a cart on the street is extremely rare so I am getting a lot of attention from the Po-Leece. (They are very curious and enthusiastic when they find out it is an LSV, not a "Golf Cart". A Lieutenant from the Chesapeake PD put out a memo that "Golf carts" are not allowed on city Streets so everyone that sees me needs to check it out) I am waiting for the heat to die down before I make any changes, but I am mostly interested in performance rather than bling.
Changing the rims to 12" could be interesting. If you are doing that for speed, going to a slightly higher profile tire might do the same thing for less money. I'd like to soften the ride a little and add front and rear sway bars. Eventually battery type, voltage, motor and controller upgrades would be fun. I have some friends who do autocross, and I thought it would be something to shoot for.
darwinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:47 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hartfield, VA ...close to Deltaville, VA
Posts: 8
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Live in Harfield, VA ...getting ready to buy a LSV from Marxcarts ...people seem really nice ...any comments? Thank you.

Whitey
whitelaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
Gone Wild
 
DOOmsman's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reddick IL
Posts: 10,726
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Whitelaw go done to introductions and tell us about yourself and more about Marxcarts.

Welcome
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 27
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Whitey; Mark,his wife, and the whole crew at Marxcarts.com are wonderful people to deal with. Friendly and responsive. Re LSVs, particularly the Tomberlin, since it looks like a golf cart, you will probably be stopped by your local PD if you drive it on the Street. Make sure you know the laws because most of the Po-Leece I have dealt with think it is a golf cart and want to cite you under those rules. I keep copies of all the applicable laws in my trunk. I have been stopped 3 times in 600 miles of local street driving and no tickets. Hartfield VA appears to be pretty small so maybe you are going to use it off road or on private property. It should do great in that environment and you will get more speed (25mph) than you can get from standard carts. Make sure you are familiar with battery maintenance and charging because you can ruin flooded L/a batteries if you deep discharge them too often or fail to keep them charged and watered. (Battery refill watering can about $12 at Pepboys) I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
darwinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 AM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hartfield, VA ...close to Deltaville, VA
Posts: 8
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinb View Post
Whitey; Mark,his wife, and the whole crew at Marxcarts.com are wonderful people to deal with. Friendly and responsive. Re LSVs, particularly the Tomberlin, since it looks like a golf cart, you will probably be stopped by your local PD if you drive it on the Street. Make sure you know the laws because most of the Po-Leece I have dealt with think it is a golf cart and want to cite you under those rules. I keep copies of all the applicable laws in my trunk. I have been stopped 3 times in 600 miles of local street driving and no tickets. Hartfield VA appears to be pretty small so maybe you are going to use it off road or on private property. It should do great in that environment and you will get more speed (25mph) than you can get from standard carts. Make sure you are familiar with battery maintenance and charging because you can ruin flooded L/a batteries if you deep discharge them too often or fail to keep them charged and watered. (Battery refill watering can about $12 at Pepboys) I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
Darwinb ... thanks so much for sharing your valuable info. I have mobility issues and a golf cart that I have now is the only way I can walk my rescue beagle (Cowboy ...loves to chase rabbits) and get around and enjoy the outdoors. I am seriously considering the LSV ...I live in a rural area with 35mph or below road ...it would greatly expand my outdoor adventures. I have spoke with serveral LSV dealers and Connie with Marxcarts, outshined them all. She was very helpful ...going to visit them Monday. I live about 100 miles from Marxcarts, ...do you know how the warranty works? ...as I do not have a way to transport the unit in case of a warranty issue? The battery info was very helpful.
Again, thanks for all of your help. Have a great new year.

Whitey
whitelaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 27
Default Re: Any Tomberlin Emerge Owners Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelaw66 View Post
Darwinb ... thanks so much for sharing your valuable info. I have mobility issues and a golf cart that I have now is the only way I can walk my rescue beagle (Cowboy ...loves to chase rabbits) and get around and enjoy the outdoors. I am seriously considering the LSV ...I live in a rural area with 35mph or below road ...it would greatly expand my outdoor adventures. I have spoke with serveral LSV dealers and Connie with Marxcarts, outshined them all. She was very helpful ...going to visit them Monday. I live about 100 miles from Marxcarts, ...do you know how the warranty works? ...as I do not have a way to transport the unit in case of a warranty issue? The battery info was very helpful.
Again, thanks for all of your help. Have a great new year.

Whitey
The Tomberlin has a two year warranty and I have only had two warranty issues (Warped Front Brake disc and emergency brake button stuck) and one issue with the installation of the rain covers I bought. They came and picked it up and dropped it off for the brake and rain covers, and fixed the emergency brake at my house, all very quick to respond and no charge. I know they build custom carts for people all over the east coast so I would definitely ask them how the warranty is handled. The other issue is license plates and registration. They know a woman with a business called DMV4U. She can handle all the DMV work which I recommend because LSVs can present a challenge at the DMV if either you or the clerk is not very familiar with the rules. She is in the Virginia Beach area, but Is just like Mark and Connie, as in the nicest person you have ever met, so I bet you all can find a way to get that licensed before delivery. If you need any more help or advice feel free to ping me on BGW.
darwinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Tomberlin E-Merge Tomberlin
G8 Owners sound off.... Gas Yamaha
Att. ezgo owners Gas EZGO
Marathon owners Question Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.