lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 16
Default Charger settings

Good evening. About to order my charger for my leaf conversion. I am running 7 packs. Can someone please verify these are the correct settings for the charger:

Elcon TC HK-H 1800W Charger
Battery Type: Litihum-ion
Number Of batteries In Series: 7
Nominal Voltage of each battery: 8.3
Amp Hour(Ah) of Battery Pack: 60
AC Input Voltage: 90VAC~256VAC

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay
USNBIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 08-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #2
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,280
Default Re: Charger settings

I'm interested in knowing this information as well.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 16
Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I'm interested in knowing this information as well.
Hopefully someone can help!! May try posting in the EZGO section.
USNBIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #4
I've always been crazy
 
NCPW's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,527
Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNBIP View Post
Good evening. About to order my charger for my leaf conversion. I am running 7 packs. Can someone please verify these are the correct settings for the charger:

Elcon TC HK-H 1800W Charger
Battery Type: Litihum-ion
Number Of batteries In Series: 7
Nominal Voltage of each battery: 8.3
Amp Hour(Ah) of Battery Pack: 60
AC Input Voltage: 90VAC~256VAC

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay
Yes, that looks correct.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: gainesville fl
Posts: 32
Default Re: Charger settings

Should nominal voltage be 3.8v and the number of cells 14? did you ever order it?
ysrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 62
Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysrman View Post
Should nominal voltage be 3.8v and the number of cells 14? did you ever order it?
Indeed! Most sources cite Leaf modules to have nominal of 7.6v. It probably doesn't matter for the charger whether it's specified as 7.6 times 7, or 3.8 times 14, as that charger is only concerned with the max voltage for entire string. BMS would be a different story though.
cricketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Charger settings

Reviving this topic to find out where people order the Elcon charger from. It is the last part I need to start my build. I emailed Elcon directly several times but they won’t respond.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S4TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,280
Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4TA View Post
Reviving this topic to find out where people order the Elcon charger from. It is the last part I need to start my build. I emailed Elcon directly several times but they won’t respond.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try giving them a phone call.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2019, 02:30 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 14
Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Try giving them a phone call.


Do you or anyone else happen to have a phone number or email address? All they have on their website is a submission form.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S4TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,280
Default Re: Charger settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4TA View Post
Do you or anyone else happen to have a phone number or email address? All they have on their website is a submission form.
Yeah. I just re-looked at their website. No phone number.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't get back to you if you completed their "contact" page.

I purchased my Elcon TC from a Chinese suppler and then (because I provided the information for the charger to be Can Bus controlled) they shipped it to me hardwired.

ElCon in California re-programed it for Can Bus control.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
DPI Accusense charger DIP settings Electric Club Car
Delta Q Charger and Settings Electric EZGO
DPI charger jumper settings Electric EZGO
DPI Accusense charger settings for NAPA batteries Electric EZGO
hey scotty settings on charger Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.