lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #11
Gone Wild
 
DannyAbear's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, La.
Posts: 257
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

I have a 2007 xrt800 with 290 engine, factory key start as far as I can tell; I have no relay in the box, but that is where the voltage reg is located, it also has a voltage stabilizer outside of box. New s/g and still doesn;t charge battery, so I have a new voltage reg but not installed yet. Still trying to understand charging system, I don't see how solinoid can be engaged full time as is.
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 04-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #12
Moderator
 
lockman1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 12,082
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubHumvee View Post
Thank you Lockman. Thanks for taking the time to help this complete newbie.

I'm not against adjusting the governor, I just didn't want to max it out. The Club Car dealer made it sound like the cart was going to explode if I did.
Your CC dealer is right! Floating the valves will do just that!

I thought that this kit would bring me to the low 20s and just some minor governor adjustments would take me to upper 20s.
It would!

I don't know what stock rpms are. I think the dealership reset it to 3100? Stock? I read on here that max is 4600. I'd probably just bring it up a 1000 to 4100?
The rev limiter kicks in (I think) about 3800 rpms,
The FE350 with hydraulic lifters can rev a little higher than compared to an FE290.


Since my wife and mother in law uses the cart to take my triplets to and from the beach and pool, I'd like more speed, but as safe as possible.
Safe is good!

With that said, I saved 10% and free shipping. So the kit was just over $400 shipped.

The Performance kit arrives today. The box has not been opened. So I'm confident I can return it. I read the reviews and I see returns may be difficult, but worst case, I'll let my credit card company handle the fight.
Well... if your willing to give it a try, it may take some time, but you'll eventually get it back!

So what components do you and the experts here recommend?
Check on the RA (return authorization) first, and we'll get to that!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
Moderator
 
lockman1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 12,082
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Okay... I'm going to publicly "Eat some Crow" here! (not all... just some! )

I just did some price checking...
and what I came up with was about $400 for the gears, drive belt, drive and driven clutch springs from Cart Parts Plus,
Gears for a 97+ $299.99 and the Power package for $99.95... (less the K&N air filter)

https://www.cartpartsplus.com/perfor...s-for-club-car

https://www.cartpartsplus.com/perfor...product_id=787

Do you really need the K&N air filter?... not really, it doesn't really help much with the performance,
but, it DOES save you $$$ in the long run by not replacing air filters every year.

The difference between the 2 packages/companies, in my opinion is...
Cart Parts Plus is a well respected, long time BGW sponsor, with American made parts!
(they've been my "go to" Club Car parts supplier for years now!)

as for BU?... I'm pretty sure that most everything from them, comes from overseas! (is it a bad thing? I wont say...)

Being that you already have it, and you'll have to send it back... "on your dime"?
I'm thinking it may just be a good idea to hang on to it, and put it in!

It's your call!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2017, 08:44 PM   #14
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 43
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Okay... I'm going to publicly "Eat some Crow" here! (not all... just some! )

I just did some price checking...
and what I came up with was about $400 for the gears, drive belt, drive and driven clutch springs from Cart Parts Plus,
Gears for a 97+ $299.99 and the Power package for $99.95... (less the K&N air filter)

https://www.cartpartsplus.com/perfor...s-for-club-car

https://www.cartpartsplus.com/perfor...product_id=787

Do you really need the K&N air filter?... not really, it doesn't really help much with the performance,
but, it DOES save you $$$ in the long run by not replacing air filters every year.

The difference between the 2 packages/companies, in my opinion is...
Cart Parts Plus is a well respected, long time BGW sponsor, with American made parts!
(they've been my "go to" Club Car parts supplier for years now!)

as for BU?... I'm pretty sure that most everything from them, comes from overseas! (is it a bad thing? I wont say...)

Being that you already have it, and you'll have to send it back... "on your dime"?
I'm thinking it may just be a good idea to hang on to it, and put it in!

It's your call!

I know. I was giving it a bit if thought. For $418 it's would cost a bit to ship back. I didn't know about Club Car Parts, but I would definitely be using them from now on.

I just know I called them with questions about a battery tinder a year ago and they were really helpful.

I did read that those power kit turns the ignition on with the key switch. It also also keep the cart on in idle, but the start with the ignition is pretty cool.

So I'll just install this. Hopefully this kit gets it done.

I'd like to be at low to mid 20s with the kit and high 20s with minor governor adjustment.
ClubHumvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 05:11 AM   #15
Moderator
 
lockman1's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: N.E. Wisconsin
Posts: 12,082
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Cool... Keep us updated!

Sorry for the confusion, but hey? you asked me for my opinion!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #16
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 43
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Is there write up anywhere for the replacing the gears?
ClubHumvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 12:25 PM   #17
HBR
Gone Wild
 
HBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 579
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubHumvee View Post
Is there write up anywhere for the replacing the gears?
I have done HS gears now twice and bought them from different places. Neither set of gears came with instructions. The service manual is more than enough for the job. It could be a little intimidating at first, but it is rather simple and straightforward.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #18
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 43
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBR View Post
I have done HS gears now twice and bought them from different places. Neither set of gears came with instructions. The service manual is more than enough for the job. It could be a little intimidating at first, but it is rather simple and straightforward.
Thanks.

Where can I get the service manual?

How long did it take to swap out?

Do I need to take off the entire rear diff?

Do need a puller for the bearings?

Thanks in advance.
ClubHumvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #19
HBR
Gone Wild
 
HBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 579
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

This is by no means a step-by-step, but just a few pictures.

HS gears

On got my manual on eBay. Depending on which rear end you have, you will need to remove some bearing(s) and press them back on.
HBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #20
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 43
Default Re: Tune up and speeding up a 02 DS with FE350

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBR View Post
This is by no means a step-by-step, but just a few pictures.

HS gears

On got my manual on eBay. Depending on which rear end you have, you will need to remove some bearing(s) and press them back on.
These are the gears I received for the 97+ Kawasaki FE350.

I see you have Yahama. Did you drop your diff?

I've read three things. I guess all of them correlate to the idea that if I open the diff while it's level to the ground, the gears in the FE350 will "fall out" and creat a bigger mess.

1) Drop the entire engine and diff together, the remove the diff. Keep it cover side up so the gears and fluid don't come out.

2) Just drove the diff, drop the diff by it's self, but you'll need to support the engine since the bolts at the front of the pan (engine end) aren't bolted to he frame. Again flip the diff to cover side up.

3) Drain the diff fluid, take be the passenger side wheel off, the brake, clutch and jack up only the right side so the cart it sits at an angle. This will allow for the removal of the cover with the diff still on, keeping the gears in place.

Any thoughts on these steps?

I'm going to test the speed stock, then again with the BU performance kit fully installed, and then again when I adjust the accelerator cable\governor.

Get some real life numbers. Hopefully I can take pictures through the process for everyone else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170430_154210.jpg (216.7 KB, 0 views)
ClubHumvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Speeding up 48V PDS Electric EZGO
speeding up 84 Ez-Go Electric EZGO
speeding up my DS Gas Club Car
Speeding Up Gas Club Car
Speeding Up an '05 Gas Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.