lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-07-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Looking for a fe350 or 290

Picked up a carry all turf 2 that needs an engine.
The original was ventilated by the counter weight, so I have no core for the exchange route on ebay.
Does anyone have any oem engines lying around?

It doesn't have to run, but re-buildable would help. Really dont need a big block conversion, this will be a farm tool with multiple operators, so simple power is all I need.
Any ideas on a possible clone?

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
jnstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-07-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Engine swaps are pretty easy in these because the motor just mounts to a big flat plate. And being a carryall you have acres of clearance vertically to fit height wise but R will become forward and F will become reverse.

Where are you located? Bluedubpirate has one but he doesnt want to ship, hes near Atlanta.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2019, 01:45 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Engine swaps are pretty easy in these because the motor just mounts to a big flat plate. And being a carryall you have acres of clearance vertically to fit height wise but R will become forward and F will become reverse.

Where are you located? Bluedubpirate has one but he doesnt want to ship, hes near Atlanta.
I'm near Pittsburgh, close to the Ohio border.
The last time i asked bluedub if he still had it he said it was spoken for, and he'd let me know.
I'd almost take a road trip if the price was right. I wouldnt mind finding a 290 out of a gator either.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
jnstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 33
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Saw this but know nothing about it.....Al


https://charlotte.craigslist.org/snw...915180411.html
Yzshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #5
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,652
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnstvns View Post
I'm near Pittsburgh, close to the Ohio border.
The last time i asked bluedub if he still had it he said it was spoken for, and he'd let me know.
I'd almost take a road trip if the price was right. I wouldnt mind finding a 290 out of a gator either.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
A gator 290 spins the wrong direction, that's a CCW motor. You'll want a CW rotating motor, which only came in the club cars as far as I am aware.

And yes, he sold that motor. He REALLY wasn't wanting to ship it, and I don't blame him. It's a hassle shipping something that heavy. But I can say it went to a good home, and will be finding its way into a DS very, very soon
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
trmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mechanicsville Va
Posts: 62
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

i have a 350 out of a 2000 villager 6. new carb, runs good, comes with clutch, starter, exhaust, rear end. basically unbolt leaf springs and roll it out. you can run it / drive it before you buy it. everything needed to drop in. 750.00 located just north of Richmond va.
trmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzshooter View Post
Saw this but know nothing about it.....Al





https://charlotte.craigslist.org/snw...915180411.html
Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
jnstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Thanks for the info on the gator engine, mrgreen.
Atlanta would have been a long trip, but probably worth it.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
jnstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2019, 09:04 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmartin View Post
i have a 350 out of a 2000 villager 6. new carb, runs good, comes with clutch, starter, exhaust, rear end. basically unbolt leaf springs and roll it out. you can run it / drive it before you buy it. everything needed to drop in. 750.00 located just north of Richmond va.
trmartin, send me a PM with your address, Richmond is just under 6 hrs. This may work if you're not in a hurry, it may take a few weeks until I can get there.
Have any photos?

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
jnstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #10
Not Yet Wild
 
trmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mechanicsville Va
Posts: 62
Default Re: Looking for a fe350 or 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnstvns View Post
trmartin, send me a PM with your address, Richmond is just under 6 hrs. This may work if you're not in a hurry, it may take a few weeks until I can get there.
Have any photos?

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk
just did and I texted you also.
trmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Fe350 rpm Gas Club Car
Fe350 Gas Club Car
Club car fe350 Gas Club Car
fe350 Gas Club Car
fe350? Big Block Talk!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.