lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Default EZ-GO Workhorse.

So I have this cart I picked up serial # leads me to believe it is a 2002 model but it looks like the engine has been swapped out with a MCI engine (engine product# EH352CE10106872). I cant find any info online using that product#.

I dont think the person that swapped it out realized that the igniter is different as it has the old style 5 wire igniter still in the cart and I cannot get spark off of it for the life of me.

So my question is what exactly do I need to do to get this cart setup correctly? Do I only need the igniter? Do I need a new wiring harness for the igniter and the igniter? Or do I need more than that?
deepsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-08-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
big mule's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santuck,Al
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

For "plug & play" conversion of the pre MCI to MCI engine you need the EZ-GO 72872G01 Ignitor Assembly for 4-Cycle MCI Engines ,EZ-GO Jumper Harness 74362G01 & EZ-GO 74373G01 Ignition Coil Jumper Wire.
big mule is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
For "plug & play" conversion of the pre MCI to MCI engine you need the EZ-GO 72872G01 Ignitor Assembly for 4-Cycle MCI Engines ,EZ-GO Jumper Harness 74362G01 & EZ-GO 74373G01 Ignition Coil Jumper Wire.

Big Mule I really appreciate your response! So the Wire harness 74935G01 isn't needed? The parts you mentioned above will convert the old wiring harness to work?
deepsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #4
Gone Wild
 
big mule's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santuck,Al
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
Big Mule I really appreciate your response! So the Wire harness 74935G01 isn't needed? The parts you mentioned above will convert the old wiring harness to work?
That's the 3 parts I used when I converted a pre MCI over to MCI last year,but with that said it appears you could use the 74935G01 harness instead of the "conversion" harnesses(?).I think I still have another of the Jumper Harness 74362G01 that I ordered extra & used ignitor.
big mule is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mule View Post
That's the 3 parts I used when I converted a pre MCI over to MCI last year,but with that said it appears you could use the 74935G01 harness instead of the "conversion" harnesses(?).
Hmm I ordered that 74935G01 harness first and just canceled the order and placed an order for the other 2 wire harnesses you suggested. Looks like you could go either way but the 74935G01 looks like a little bit more work. I will stick with your suggestion and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.
deepsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
big mule's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santuck,Al
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
Hmm I ordered that 74935G01 harness first and just canceled the order and placed an order for the other 2 wire harnesses you suggested. Looks like you could go either way but the 74935G01 looks like a little bit more work. I will stick with your suggestion and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.
No problem,glad I could be of help .Let us know how it runs when you get everything installed.
big mule is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Will do, I have been going in circles checking triple checking wiring on this thing. Hopefully this motor is good and I can get it to work.
deepsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 14
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

I recieved the new plug for the igniter, is it normal for the red and white wires to be swapped on the connector? The old connector was swapped also. Still waiting on new igniter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170511_175528.jpg (170.8 KB, 0 views)
deepsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #9
Gone Wild
 
big mule's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santuck,Al
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
I recieved the new plug for the igniter, is it normal for the red and white wires to be swapped on the connector? The old connector was swapped also. Still waiting on new igniter.

I'm not sure but I'll try to remember to look at mine tomorrow and report back .
big mule is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #10
Gone Wild
 
big mule's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Santuck,Al
Posts: 1,502
Default Re: EZ-GO Workhorse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
I recieved the new plug for the igniter, is it normal for the red and white wires to be swapped on the connector? The old connector was swapped also. Still waiting on new igniter.

Just checked and my conversion plug is just like yours with red/white wires swapped .
big mule is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Another ST-350 Workhorse .. Lifted Golf Carts
03 workhorse Golf Carts and Parts
99 EZ Go Workhorse seems very hot?? Gas EZGO
1999 workhorse 1200 or 2006 workhorse 800, which one? Gas EZGO
EZ-GO Workhorse Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.