lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Default Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

I picked up my 2017 Recoil yesterday .. Now the fun of accessorizing.
Ordered a front rack last night
Thinking 26x9-12 front 26x12-12 rear
2" wheel spacers
gun and bow racks of course
some LED driving lights up front since the factory ones leave a lot to be desired, ,,,
Suggestions, opinions? Help me pimp my ride

20171012_131329 by F G, on Flickr
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 10-13-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
Getting Wild
 
sawtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 79
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

congrats on the new toy. If you figure out how to hook up the lights let me know. There is suppose to be a 12volt accessory box somewhere so you can hook up stuff like lights etc. Keep in mind you can't go directly to a battery as they are 8volts and not 12.
sawtooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
MILLERTIME's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sanger, Ca.
Posts: 1,689
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

I like it!
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
congrats on the new toy. If you figure out how to hook up the lights let me know. There is suppose to be a 12volt accessory box somewhere so you can hook up stuff like lights etc. Keep in mind you can't go directly to a battery as they are 8volts and not 12.
The dealer mentioned the 12v hook up but I was too dumb to ask where it was.
He had a used one on the lot where everything was tied in to two of the 8v making it a 16v system. He said the 12v lights and winch had no problem with the 16v
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:13 AM   #5
Getting Wild
 
sawtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 79
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

Ok that's interesting as I didn't know that. May check it out this weekend thanks. Also if you go with aftermarket wheels you might consider offset wheels versus spacers. If you keep same wheels then just go with spacers. The only downside to either is getting a little mud on you when going through nasty areas. Also as a plus the wider stance will make the cart more stable on side hills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
sawtooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #6
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
Ok that's interesting as I didn't know that. May check it out this weekend thanks. Also if you go with aftermarket wheels you might consider offset wheels versus spacers. If you keep same wheels then just go with spacers. The only downside to either is getting a little mud on you when going through nasty areas. Also as a plus the wider stance will make the cart more stable on side hills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm researching fender flares, I know i've seen some universal type that'll fit the rear wheel well and it looks like the front should be ok.
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #7
Gone Wild
 
kgsc's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 7,265
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
The dealer mentioned the 12v hook up but I was too dumb to ask where it was.
He had a used one on the lot where everything was tied in to two of the 8v making it a 16v system. He said the 12v lights and winch had no problem with the 16v
Yes a standard bulb made for 12 volts will work at 16 but not for long. Just look around for some leds that run at higher voltage and replace the factory ones first with those. They use 884 bulbs but most of the 88 series will work and less heat.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 07:57 AM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

I don't know why I posted this in the GAS Ez Go forum..
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #9
Getting Wild
 
sawtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 79
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

LOL. Didnt even notice that. Maybe the moderator can move it to the lifted cart section or better yet make a specific forum for 4x4 off road carts. :)
sawtooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2017, 08:42 AM   #10
Not Yet Wild
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 73
Default Re: Textron/Bad Boy Recoil EV IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
LOL. Didnt even notice that. Maybe the moderator can move it to the lifted cart section or better yet make a specific forum for 4x4 off road carts. :)
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BAD BOY BUGGY 2013 Recoil IS Electric EZGO
Considering 2017 Bad Boy "Textron Recoil". Should I do it? Side x Sides-ATV-Quads-Bikes-Jeeps-4x4's!
2017 Textron Recoil IS adding light bar Lifted Golf Carts
2015 bad boy buggie recoil is Electric EZGO
bad boy buggy recoil is Electric EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.