lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #11
Gone Wild
 
Dabble Inn's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 390
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Sounds like you need a manual impact for those screws, they're cheap enough. Here's what one looks like https://www.harborfreight.com/impact...ase-37530.html
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-30-2019, 11:07 AM   #12
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 120
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Sounds like you need a manual impact for those screws, they're cheap enough. Here's what one looks like https://www.harborfreight.com/impact...ase-37530.html


You rock! there is a harbor freight 5 minutes from me, Iíll head there now! Trying to get this thing rocking for the weekend!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #13
Gone Wild
 
Dabble Inn's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 390
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

If you've never used one before;
To remove a screw simply twist the handle ccw as far as it will go and hold it there with a little force then whack it
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #14
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,055
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Worth every penny of the $12 or whatever they cost. Definitely one of those "must have" tools. Not one you use often but one that when you do need it, worth its weight in gold!
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2019, 11:59 AM   #15
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 120
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
If you've never used one before;

To remove a screw simply twist the handle ccw as far as it will go and hold it there with a little force then whack it


I never have. Thatís awesome! thanks for saving me a step of having to figure out how to use the darn thing!

I canít believe Iíd never seen this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #16
Gone Wild
 
Dabble Inn's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 390
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

The more I think about it, You really don't need to remove the fan cover off the shroud. You're going to have to remove the whole shroud anyway, or perhaps I'm over thinkin' it
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2019, 05:55 PM   #17
Gone Wild
 
LukeL's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 3,344
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Itís a big metal cover that has to come off...
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #18
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 120
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
The more I think about it, You really don't need to remove the fan cover off the shroud. You're going to have to remove the whole shroud anyway, or perhaps I'm over thinkin' it


Yeah itís a big cover that blocks everything so unfortunately I have to take it off! I picked up that impact screwdriver, so hopefully will get it figured out this weekend!

Before I get started..I did spray some starter fluid into my carb just to see and the thing fired right up first turn! Would this tell me anything different or basically just confirm Iím not pulling fuel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
Dabble Inn's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 390
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Ah Ha, Figured out my confusion. I was thinking 2pg like mine but this is a 3pg, I didn't know there was a diff in the shroud/blower housing. So I looked it up and see there is, The 2pg has a two piece blower housing and the 3pg is all cast one piece.. Here's pics......

Initially I thought you were talking about those four little Phillips head screws that hold the 'grate' on the housing (thats why I said you don't need to take that off anyway), I understand now you're talking about the main bolts that hold the shroud/blower housing on. The manual I read said they're 12mm bolts...

That manual impact whacker is great for Phillips head screws that you're afraid will strip the head out with a screwdriver, It gives down force at the same time as twisting. Unless these bolts have a flanged head the down force will be on the shroud, but you'll still get the twisting impact motion on the bolt. Be best to use a 6 point socket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3pg.jpg (153.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 62 2pgcccc.JPG (91.7 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #20
Getting Wild
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 120
Default Re: 1989 2cycle Ez Go Marathon Crank Seal Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
Ah Ha, Figured out my confusion. I was thinking 2pg like mine but this is a 3pg, I didn't know there was a diff in the shroud/blower housing. So I looked it up and see there is, The 2pg has a two piece blower housing and the 3pg is all cast one piece.. Here's pics......



Initially I thought you were talking about those four little Phillips head screws that hold the 'grate' on the housing (thats why I said you don't need to take that off anyway), I understand now you're talking about the main bolts that hold the shroud/blower housing on. The manual I read said they're 12mm bolts...



That manual impact whacker is great for Phillips head screws that you're afraid will strip the head out with a screwdriver, It gives down force at the same time as twisting. Unless these bolts have a flanged head the down force will be on the shroud, but you'll still get the twisting impact motion on the bolt. Be best to use a 6 point socket


Awesome, thank you so much! I looked all over my darn manual and couldnít find anything..it seems like itís missing pages or something lol.

I am going to start on this tomorrow so Iíll grab a 6 point socket before I get started!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jcrouch023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
'79 Crank / Oil Seal Gas Harley Davidson
Marathon crank seal Gas EZGO
1989 ezgo gas marathon 2 stroke will not crank Gas EZGO
crank seal Gas EZGO
85 gas 2cycle crankshaft seal replacement difficulty Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.