lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2019, 11:14 PM   #51
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,626
Default Re: John's Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I thought mine would too. I have two filters in my line. They were both brand new, but it kept clogging up anyway.
And someone kept telling you to dump and clean the tank. been down that road before... learned my lesson

Remove the tank and dump it. You can get TSP at Walmart in the hardware cleaner section. I will dump a half a bottle in and fill it half way with water. Put the cap on and Shake the hell out of it, its gonna foam pretty good. Then I dump it. I'll rinse it once, and then just put the garden hose in it, turn it on full and let it do what it wants for about 20 minutes, until it runs nice and clean. Then dump it and let it sit in the sun and dry for a half a day. Should be good to go after that.TSP does a great job of loosening any sludge in the bottom of the tank and letting the hose run for a whole after flushes everything out. On REALLY nasty tanks I'll put a length of chain in. And repeat the TSP part twice. But that's for some of the old 80's 4wheelers I've restored that have a firm layer of tar inside the tank that was once gas...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 07-26-2019, 04:40 AM   #52
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 89
Default Re: John's Cart

It's been a while but I have made some progress. I ended up in Alabama picking up a dog...dogs... but that's another story.

I got the cart running again after some cleaning. Somewhat. I think I need to pull the carb and clean it again. Now it doesn't want to run unless the choke is almost all the way on. I'm sure there's a chunk of something stuck in a port.

I finally got the other fender painted. That was nice to finally have matching sides. I also got the lift finished. My hording tendencies have finally paid off! I got the blocks welded up and put in. I will say this to whoever reads this... I don't know what size hole it is that is needed on top of the front blocks for the leaf spring pin to fit in but I'd venture to say it's at least 5/8". You are well advised to buy the correct bit. I only had a 9/16" so I spent 30 minutes with a rat tail file opening it up enough to fit

I also got my rear shocks in so I slapped those on. I used Monroe 31000 per someone's suggestion in another thread. They're supposedly 4" longer than stock but they almost seem too long to me. Time will tell. I also plan to order the fronts today and get them on so I can button that all up.

Last thing I did was paint the wheels. They had been painted in the past but it was flaking out. I have the hub caps which I'll put on but I still wanted them semi-nice underneath.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190725_184816.jpg (340.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190725_151645.jpg (219.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190725_184835.jpg (309.7 KB, 0 views)
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 06:30 AM   #53
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,626
Default Re: John's Cart

Looks great! Going to look like a brand new cart when it's done

These wheels would look great on it. You know, since its lifted and you'll need new tires anyway

Great deal for some really nice wheels!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202658353375
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 07:01 AM   #54
Gone Wild
 
trig123's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West of Mayberry
Posts: 752
Default Re: John's Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecart75 View Post
It's been a while but I have made some progress. I ended up in Alabama picking up a dog...dogs... but that's another story.

I got the cart running again after some cleaning. Somewhat. I think I need to pull the carb and clean it again. Now it doesn't want to run unless the choke is almost all the way on. I'm sure there's a chunk of something stuck in a port.

I finally got the other fender painted. That was nice to finally have matching sides. I also got the lift finished. My hording tendencies have finally paid off! I got the blocks welded up and put in. I will say this to whoever reads this... I don't know what size hole it is that is needed on top of the front blocks for the leaf spring pin to fit in but I'd venture to say it's at least 5/8". You are well advised to buy the correct bit. I only had a 9/16" so I spent 30 minutes with a rat tail file opening it up enough to fit

I also got my rear shocks in so I slapped those on. I used Monroe 31000 per someone's suggestion in another thread. They're supposedly 4" longer than stock but they almost seem too long to me. Time will tell. I also plan to order the fronts today and get them on so I can button that all up.

Last thing I did was paint the wheels. They had been painted in the past but it was flaking out. I have the hub caps which I'll put on but I still wanted them semi-nice underneath.
You may have posted what you painted this with but I will ask anyway ? Did you use the rattle cans ? or what way did you do this. It looks great by the way.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 07:04 AM   #55
Gone Wild
 
trig123's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West of Mayberry
Posts: 752
Default Re: John's Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Looks great! Going to look like a brand new cart when it's done

These wheels would look great on it. You know, since its lifted and you'll need new tires anyway

Great deal for some really nice wheels!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202658353375
I do like those wheels CP241. What about the tires that would go with these. I got a tire changer I use but I would be afraid to scratch those nice wheels installing them
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 07:06 AM   #56
lost in the woods
 
CP241's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: GA
Posts: 2,626
Default Re: John's Cart

I just bought a set myself in blue :) they have a plastic ring around the lip for shipping. But I think I'll try and mount the tires upside down first, the drop center of the wheel looks to be pretty symmetrical on front and rear side. If it fights me too much, I'll use the plastic shipping rings
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #57
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 89
Default Re: John's Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Looks great! Going to look like a brand new cart when it's done

These wheels would look great on it. You know, since its lifted and you'll need new tires anyway

Great deal for some really nice wheels!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202658353375
Dang, those are nice. I told my wife that last night. You know now that we've lifted it....

Her response signaled that I may have to wait till my birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You may have posted what you painted this with but I will ask anyway ? Did you use the rattle cans ? or what way did you do this. It looks great by the way.
Yep, rattle cans. Stripped the paint, primered, 600 grit wet sand, paint, 1500 grit wet sand and paint. A bit tiresome to do but it helps remove a lot of the orange peel you get when you use cans. Honestly looking back I think you'd be better off to do it all at once with a good one step acrylic. The advantage to mine was using what's on the shelf at any place that sells spray paint (Wal-Mart, Lowe's, etc), no mixing, no special equipment and I could do a piece at a time.
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 89
Default Re: John's Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
I do like those wheels CP241. What about the tires that would go with these. I got a tire changer I use but I would be afraid to scratch those nice wheels installing them
I know they've got plastic covers for the wheel changers now. Especially with all the new painted wheels they sell for road vehicles. I don't know the technical term for them but I know the tire shop I used back home had them.
orangecart75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 08:17 AM   #59
Gone Wild
 
LukeL's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 3,740
Default Re: John's Cart

Those are nice wheels. Nice progress on the cart as well!
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2019, 10:07 AM   #60
Gone Wild
 
trig123's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West of Mayberry
Posts: 752
Default Re: John's Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecart75 View Post
Dang, those are nice. I told my wife that last night. You know now that we've lifted it....

Her response signaled that I may have to wait till my birthday



Yep, rattle cans. Stripped the paint, primered, 600 grit wet sand, paint, 1500 grit wet sand and paint. A bit tiresome to do but it helps remove a lot of the orange peel you get when you use cans. Honestly looking back I think you'd be better off to do it all at once with a good one step acrylic. The advantage to mine was using what's on the shelf at any place that sells spray paint (Wal-Mart, Lowe's, etc), no mixing, no special equipment and I could do a piece at a time.
I am trying to make up my mind now on doing the front cowl and rear body. I bought a cart with a blown engine for next to nothing. Rebuilt engine and not runs prefect. The body is just not that good. I had a person who paints on the side tell me $250 to paint both front and back. My shop air compressor with 80 gallon tank has pin holes in the bottom so I am now only using the small one which is not made for painting.
Not sure why I am even worried because I am going to sell it anyway but I wanted it to look better than it is now.
Thanks for the info.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
John's 1990 restoration troubles... Gas EZGO


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.