lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
Getting Wild
 
kwh3rd's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bellevue, Mi.
Posts: 105
Default 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

I have a 99 G16 gas and I am getting ready to up grade to the 24 horse big block and I have seen that some carts have actually gotten away from the original swing arm and lengthened the whole rear end by welding on an extension and building a 3 or 4 point suspension so it would be more stable. Plus the alignment would be better with the rear end.So you wouldn't have the motor sitting at such an extreme angle with a big lift and tires. I have the jakes long travel kit now .Any way I am permanently disabled and would like to get one.I have seen that stretch plastics has them for the ezgo's and the club cars but not the yami's. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thank you.
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:01 AM   #2
Getting Wild
 
kwh3rd's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bellevue, Mi.
Posts: 105
Default re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

what i meant to say was 3 or 4 link,not point.
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Vegas modded 420
 
sho305's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West MI
Posts: 14,933
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

You might call someone like CPP, they do tend to have more stuff than they list or know where to find it. I know they make them for G9 or someone has. Lot of the threads on here people custom made them, out West they do a lot of that stuff for the dune machines and desert running. I have thought about it, because the standard 3 point in a cart is not very stable on trails they lean a lot, while the swingarm on the older carts like G9 are very stable they ride harder. IIRC the link style is in between. I'd love to do one some day but time to stick a clone in my current cart. Could also look up some of the custom guys like Alpha carts if he still does them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
Smoov az a gravy sammich
 
Tonka329's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Limestone, Illinois
Posts: 3,392
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Hey sho, does that clone have more power than the stock G9?
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Vegas modded 420
 
sho305's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West MI
Posts: 14,933
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
Hey sho, does that clone have more power than the stock G9?
Lol! My butt-meter says it has exactly double. If you have a way to put one in, I can't see the point of rebuilding the stock engine. Its way more fun, the torque is significantly more. Going to do a few mods to mine because it does not want to rev any higher than stock, so you get the same top speed, but it gets there way faster. You can just dust a stock cart and make them feel bad. My inlaw (that is the cart I posted here I put the clone in) loves to blow me off the road. We race and get to top speed and he has 10 cartlengths on me or better. Kept the stock clutch in that but it does have a cut secondary sheave on it. With big knob 22s on it if you turn right in dirt and floor it, it tosses a rooster 20'.

Here is a video when it still had the wrong jet, I got it closer now but it gives you an idea. He hit the gas too soon, we were side by side so you can guess. He let off at that fence post I think.

Check my post on clone specs here in yamaha gas, there was a few issues fitting it in a G9 I still want a different setup on the carb.

However I do a lot of yard work and towing and hauling with this cart, we are pretty mellow on trails. If I got another cart and only trail rode it, I'd like to put a better suspension on it. I'd like to build it myself using a quad front.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
Smoov az a gravy sammich
 
Tonka329's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Limestone, Illinois
Posts: 3,392
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Thanks Sho! Who is holding the camera? You on the white cart?
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #7
Vegas modded 420
 
sho305's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West MI
Posts: 14,933
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Yeah I'm the camera guy, maybe he wanted to hide his face is why he took off lol. I wanted it to be the cart not people. It started raining or something I could not get another race. This spring I will get more of it, I did a great burnout with it one day. It sets you back in the seat a little, something a stock cart does not do. Once you hit about 25mph it mellows out and loses power. It broke in and ran a little faster by end of summer but didn't get to gps it again. When new it only did 27mph, mine will do 28 on same dirt drive.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
Smoov az a gravy sammich
 
Tonka329's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Limestone, Illinois
Posts: 3,392
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwh3rd View Post
I have a 99 G16 gas and I am getting ready to up grade to the 24 horse big block and I have seen that some carts have actually gotten away from the original swing arm and lengthened the whole rear end by welding on an extension and building a 3 or 4 point suspension so it would be more stable. Plus the alignment would be better with the rear end.So you wouldn't have the motor sitting at such an extreme angle with a big lift and tires. I have the jakes long travel kit now .Any way I am permanently disabled and would like to get one.I have seen that stretch plastics has them for the ezgo's and the club cars but not the yami's. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thank you.
Hey Kwh, didnt mean to get sidetracked! Strech does not make the lift kits anymore for the Yami's... Trust me, I searched EXTENSIVELY for my G9. That is a bad azz lift! The only way you can get one is if someone will sell you one off their cart... I called them and offered another $500 just to make 1 more for my G9... The guy kinda chuckled! Hope this helps.
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Smoov az a gravy sammich
 
Tonka329's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Limestone, Illinois
Posts: 3,392
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yeah I'm the camera guy, maybe he wanted to hide his face is why he took off lol. I wanted it to be the cart not people. It started raining or something I could not get another race. This spring I will get more of it, I did a great burnout with it one day. It sets you back in the seat a little, something a stock cart does not do. Once you hit about 25mph it mellows out and loses power. It broke in and ran a little faster by end of summer but didn't get to gps it again. When new it only did 27mph, mine will do 28 on same dirt drive.
Well then, what does the other guy have in his cart!?
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Vegas modded 420
 
sho305's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West MI
Posts: 14,933
Default Re: 3 link or 4 link rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
Well then, what does the other guy have in his cart!?
16hp clone I put in, here is the install w/pics:
The CLONE engine setup & specs thread

Going to do mine this spring.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Terra Toys Chrome 3 link rear suspension (Ezgo) NEW THREAD Golf Carts and Parts
WTB = 3 Link Coilover Rear Suspension Golf Carts and Parts
Terra Toys Chrome 3 link rear suspension (Ezgo) Golf Carts and Parts
custom 4 or 3 link rear suspension ideas Design Center
3 link rear suspension Lifted Golf Carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.