lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
friends call me Boke
 
bokeasmowl's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Smithfield, North Carolina
Posts: 7,756
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Yup
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
Gone Wild
 
PLUMQUICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 482
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Who is this "Bill" the race promoter? The thread stated that you were booked to come to his races so I assume you know the guy, Robby. Where are the races going to be?
Bill Williams lineupmoneyuppromotions@gmail.com

He's a hard core grudge race guy. I've been at a few grudge events where he sets up matches and brings in out of town racers to line up against local track favorites. He's the behind the scenes guy that rolls the money......it's not the in your face deal with big flyers or anything like that. Bill, sets up an arrangement and the word gets out.......... people drop a few coins on the race, usually a best of three heads up on a pro tree (time clocks out) with 30 minutes between runs. After the first race, the loser can buy tenths of a second for $500.00 each (which goes into the winners pot) but, only a negotiated amount. The promoter puts up the money for the local and the challenger matches. If challenger wins he takes all.....local wins then he gets a prearranged cut.
I thought he might be up to something because of all the questions he's been asking. I shouldn't had posted this in the first place...........like anything will ever change over there! That's the story.........at least what I know anyway.

Moderators feel free to delete this thread if necessary..........
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Let's go racin' boyz!!
 
TerryH's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 4,149
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
Bill Williams lineupmoneyuppromotions@gmail.com

He's a hard core grudge race guy. I've been at a few grudge events where he sets up matches and brings in out of town racers to line up against local track favorites. He's the behind the scenes guy that rolls the money......it's not the in your face deal with big flyers or anything like that. Bill, sets up an arrangement and the word gets out.......... people drop a few coins on the race, usually a best of three heads up on a pro tree (time clocks out) with 30 minutes between runs. After the first race, the loser can buy tenths of a second for $500.00 each (which goes into the winners pot) but, only a negotiated amount. The promoter puts up the money for the local and the challenger matches. If challenger wins he takes all.....local wins then he gets a prearranged cut.
I thought he might be up to something because of all the questions he's been asking. I shouldn't had posted this in the first place...........like anything will ever change over there! That's the story.........at least what I know anyway.

Moderators feel free to delete this thread if necessary..........
Ok, cool.Thanks. I obviously saw the thread over there. I'd say as much as anything the total lack of introduction or statement of who he was and what he was doing was probably an issue. There were just 3 consecutive posts with links to your videos and then a statement on the end that you'd race anybody. Not the way that I would think a promoter would approach a legitimate race invitation but I guess to each his own.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
Gone Wild
 
PLUMQUICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 482
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Ok, cool.Thanks. I obviously saw the thread over there. I'd say as much as anything the total lack of introduction or statement of who he was and what he was doing was probably an issue. There were just 3 consecutive posts with links to your videos and then a statement on the end that you'd race anybody. Not the way that I would think a promoter would approach a legitimate race invitation but I guess to each his own.

I didn't have anything to do with post and or comments..........

"Invitation".................I don't think it was an invite, more like bring money and line up!
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
Let's go racin' boyz!!
 
TerryH's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 4,149
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
I didn't have anything to do with post and or comments..........

"Invitation".................I don't think it was an invite, more like bring money and line up!
I didn't say that you did. I don't remember any mention of money in the 3 posts and I'll stand by my statement that it is a very, very odd way to promote a race of any kind. Most people would have at least introduced themselves don't you think? Apparently Mr. Williams must be very much a behind the scenes sort of guy since I can't seem to find a thing about him or the line up money up deal on the old interweb.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Gone Wild
 
PLUMQUICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 482
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I didn't say that you did. I don't remember any mention of money in the 3 posts and I'll stand by my statement that it is a very, very odd way to promote a race of any kind. Most people would have at least introduced themselves don't you think? Apparently Mr. Williams must be very much a behind the scenes sort of guy since I can't seem to find a thing about him or the line up money up deal on the old interweb.
Sorry, can't answer your questions..........

I gave his email.........ask him directly!

Cheers......
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Let's go racin' boyz!!
 
TerryH's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Springdale, AR
Posts: 4,149
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
Sorry, can't answer your questions..........

I gave his email.........ask him directly!

Cheers......
I was actually asking your opinion with my question but that's ok.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
Stay thirsty my friends!
 
gornoman's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 24,793
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

Perhaps Bill Williams needs an editor to help him explain his proposals to some of the knuckleheads over there. It wouldn't matter if the guys name was Junior Johnson, the minute PQ is brought up those monkeys start throwing their own poo around. It's their loss, not anyone else's. New records are being set everyday, and they are no longer the driving force in the sport. Seems they got what they wanted.
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
Gone Wild
 
classycarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 426
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

I'd say "total lack of introduction" on Bill's part was a great way to see someones true colors.
classycarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #20
Stay thirsty my friends!
 
gornoman's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 24,793
Default Re: Race Promoter gets banned for call out!

I gotta get me some of that Plum Quick Sports Drink!
gornoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bench racers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
where to buy adhesion promoter Gas Harley Davidson
Banned From a Forum Announcements
Adhesion promoter or not. Body and Paint


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.