lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 17
Default Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

So, I've got a 6" lifted 1996 EZGO TXT with a 24HP Honda V-twin. I run 10x8 ITP's with 25x11x10 Carlisle AT489's. It sits a tad "nose low" and sags a tad to the right, which is making me nuts. I can't see any discernible difference in the front or rear leaf spring bow. I'd like to get the front up another inch or two and it think I'd like to achieve that by putting blocks at the rear attachment points of the front leaf springs. Does anyone have any photos of any such blocks you've bought or created?

Here's my cart by the way:

Thanks in advance

Chuck
Casa Grande, AZ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone pics 176.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)
SkymonkeyONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 06-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
Gone Wild
 
StoveBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan "Home of M.I.S."
Posts: 2,306
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

No pictures but I have used 1x1.5x2.5" piece of square steel tubing with a hole in one end to except the bolt that runs through the spring.

Here’s some blocks I cut for the rear of one.

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Gone Wild
 
StoveBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan "Home of M.I.S."
Posts: 2,306
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Don't know if you can see in this picture but I have also moved the front springs to the top of the axle (if they aren't all ready) for more lift. You will need an extra set of them triangle shaped hold down plates for that.

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 17
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

My rear is fine; thanks. My front end is low and I'm looking for a pic of front spring blocks. There are three bolts and a plate that hold the front leaf spring to the frame on each side. The center bolt of the three goes all the way through the spring pack and the other two go around each side of the spring and through the plate. I'd like to add a spacer in between the frame and spring. I could just as easily do the same thing where the leaf spring bolts onto the front beam, but that would interfere with my drag link.
SkymonkeyONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 17
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Don't know if you can see in this picture but I have also moved the front springs to the top of the axle (if they aren't all ready) for more lift. You will need an extra set of them triangle shaped hold down plates for that.

Way ahead of you. My setup is identical to yours. I just need another inch or two and would like to shim the passenger side a tad to level mine out side-to-side. Thanks for the response, though!
SkymonkeyONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
Gone Wild
 
StoveBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan "Home of M.I.S."
Posts: 2,306
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkymonkeyONE View Post
My rear is fine; thanks. My front end is low and I'm looking for a pic of front spring blocks. There are three bolts and a plate that hold the front leaf spring to the frame on each side. The center bolt of the three goes all the way through the spring pack and the other two go around each side of the spring and through the plate. I'd like to add a spacer in between the frame and spring. I could just as easily do the same thing where the leaf spring bolts onto the front beam, but that would interfere with my drag link.
That's what I replied to in post 2, just showed the rear for the tubing aspect. Might also consider buying new springs that haven't sagged, so they both have the same arch.. they're cheap.

BTW, good looking cart.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 17
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
That's what I replied to in post 2, just showed the rear for the tubing aspect. Might also consider buying new springs that haven't sagged, so they both have the same arch.. they're cheap.

BTW, good looking cart.
I swear to god I'm contemplating putting a set of three inch spindles on front of my six-inch beam to get it nose-high, but that would not fix the little bit of right side sag I have. I've already got the HD front spring pack; I just need a bit of shim on the passenger side to get her level.
SkymonkeyONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
Gone Wild
 
StoveBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan "Home of M.I.S."
Posts: 2,306
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkymonkeyONE View Post
I swear to god I'm contemplating putting a set of three inch spindles on front of my six-inch beam to get it nose-high, but that would not fix the little bit of right side sag I have. I've already got the HD front spring pack; I just need a bit of shim on the passenger side to get her level.
You would need some really tall spindle arms for the tie-rods to clear the springs.

I'm surprised them 25s aren't rubbing the brake peddle the way it sits now.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2018, 07:59 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 17
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
You would need some really tall spindle arms for the tie-rods to clear the springs.

I'm surprised them 25s aren't rubbing the brake peddle the way it sits now.
???? Tie rod's connect in the stock location on a spindle lift. Not sure what spring clearance problem you are thinking about. My tie rod would not move at all with any size spindle lift.
SkymonkeyONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2018, 06:04 AM   #10
Gone Wild
 
StoveBolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan "Home of M.I.S."
Posts: 2,306
Default Re: Adjusting left/right sag on EZGO beam front ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkymonkeyONE View Post
???? Tie rod's connect in the stock location on a spindle lift. Not sure what spring clearance problem you are thinking about. My tie rod would not move at all with any size spindle lift.
Sorry.. your right, along with spindle arm risers.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Left front tire rubs on hard left turn Gas EZGO
EZGO st cowl sealed beam replacement Electric EZGO
RXV front ends Gas EZGO
Tie Rod Ends? Left and right HD threads? Electric Club Car
What's the difference between 82-02 & 03 and up front ends? Electric Club Car


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.