lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.



Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Not Yet Wild
 
moped's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Loogootee, IN
Posts: 66
Default CB Radio????

Hey Everyone! I was just wondering if anyone new if they make a water resistant cb radio. I have looked online with no luck. This would be a great addition to my cart if they did.
moped is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: waldo,wisconsin
Posts: 5,401
Default Re: CB Radio????

Quote:
Originally Posted by moped View Post
Hey Everyone! I was just wondering if anyone new if they make a water resistant cb radio. I have looked online with no luck. This would be a great addition to my cart if they did.

sure, boats use them! marine CB'S
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
doin it in the desert
 
dock98's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sonora Desert,Az
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: CB Radio????

no cell phone?a lot easier and better range.you can even get them with a GPs.i think the days of CB radios are just about gone.just my opinion.mine sits in the closet.put the phone in a sandwich bag, and their waterproof as a rubber.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Not Yet Wild
 
moped's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Loogootee, IN
Posts: 66
Default Re: CB Radio????

marine cbs is what i thought to but im having trouble finding one. there all vhf radios
moped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Gone Wild
 
Jim C's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wildwood, FL
Posts: 699
Default Re: CB Radio????

Marin vhf radios are different the cb radios that are used in trucks. I believe it's illegal to use a vhf on land without proper licensing.

However there are marine waterproof cases for stereos that you may could put your cb in.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #6
prop. A$$hole's Garage
 
CC-John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer (77096)
Posts: 1,564
Default Re: CB Radio????

IIRC, Humminbird was one of the last manufacturers of a Marine CB radio.. I haven't seen one in years, I have VHF marine radios on all my boats both fixed-mount & handheld.. JimC is dead-nuts right about using a VHF on land.. Big no-no with the FCC, they will put some seriously BAD MOJO on ya if caught!!

We use the small FRS/GMRS handheld radios when we have a group riding together.. They're great for "line of sight" communication in the sticks where cell service is spotty.. I also carry my handheld marine VHF that has a "weather alert" feature.. I leave it on standby in the cart's glovebox, if NOAA issues a weather alert for the area, the radio will sound an alert tone...
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
Not your usual outlaw
 
essness's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Near Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 19,900
Default Re: CB Radio????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
IIRC, Humminbird was one of the last manufacturers of a Marine CB radio.. I haven't seen one in years, I have VHF marine radios on all my boats both fixed-mount & handheld.. JimC is dead-nuts right about using a VHF on land.. Big no-no with the FCC, they will put some seriously BAD MOJO on ya if caught!!

We use the small FRS/GMRS handheld radios when we have a group riding together.. They're great for "line of sight" communication in the sticks where cell service is spotty.. I also carry my handheld marine VHF that has a "weather alert" feature.. I leave it on standby in the cart's glovebox, if NOAA issues a weather alert for the area, the radio will sound an alert tone...
Every thing CC said
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
Not Yet Wild
 
moped's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Loogootee, IN
Posts: 66
Default Re: CB Radio????

yeah i know about fcc rules and regs. theres no cell reception were we camp and we thought we would install cbs. and mine quit working so i thought instead of buying another one like i had i would get a water proof one. thats all. thanks
moped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
Taters...
 
madd matt's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deep in the heart
Posts: 1,217
Default Re: CB Radio????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
Marin vhf radios are different the cb radios that are used in trucks. I believe it's illegal to use a vhf on land without proper licensing.

However there are marine waterproof cases for stereos that you may could put your cb in.
I used to use the marine radio in my jeep when we went on 4 wheelin trips, they have a much better range. It is illegal but so is driving the cart on the street. Just don't get pulled over and you are cool.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
prop. A$$hole's Garage
 
CC-John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer (77096)
Posts: 1,564
Default Re: CB Radio????

Quote:
Originally Posted by madd matt View Post
I used to use the marine radio in my jeep when we went on 4 wheelin trips, they have a much better range. It is illegal but so is driving the cart on the street. Just don't get pulled over and you are cool.
WRONG ATTITUDE!!

The fine for getting busted by the cops for ridin the cart on the street is chump change compared to what the FCC WILL DO to you if you get caught using a VHF marine radio in unauthorized ways.. There is a special license available for inland use of a VHF radio.. And so you know, I've been a FCC Marine Ship Station license holder for over 20 years..

When I kept my boat in the Seabrook area, one of the guys on the dock had a VHF installed in his pickup.. He would routinely talk back & forth with us at the dock while on the road.. One weekend, the Feds were waiting for him at the dock.. After being arrested, his total out of pocket expense was upwards of $50,000, 25K of it was the fines for unauthorized use of marine radio equipment.. When the smoke all cleared, it was the local law enforcement that tipped off the FCC to his actions.. Some of the VHF-FM frequencies are used/monitored by local law enforcement agencies...

Da FCC don't play games!!!!! Be sure you know WHO is listening when you key that mic.. VHF signals are very easily triangulated with simple equipment..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
radio Electric Club Car
which radio Gas Club Car
Radio set-ups.....yours and others Electric Club Car
Radio Gas Yamaha
radio Golf Carts and Parts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.