lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car


Post New Thread  Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #341
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 841
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Well here is the useless reply Redhawk gave me on the motor.



Brad,



Below are the specs on this motor. However, what we have posted on the website is what we recommend. Anything beyond that we cannot guarantee its functionality.



MOTOR NUMBER

MOT-A4

OPERATING VOLTAGE

48V/DC

LOAD TORQUE

12.40.2(N*m)

LOAD ROTATING SPEED

32008%(RPM)

LOAD CURRENT

≤110.0(A)




I guess I'll see if Alltrax support has better information...
Man my .02 for what it's worth...

If the motor isnt going to get you the speed you want at the rpm they will support you have two options.

Sell it for a loss and buy one that will or

Run it as is at the rpm you want and if it craps out replace it or have it rebuilt to better suite your needs.

I would think you would be fine running it at 5-6k you'll be surprised how little you actually go that fast anyway. The only real killer of these motors is heat. Short bursts of 5-6k rpms isnt going to heat them up. I'm on pavement 99.9 percent of the time and I bet my average speed is 15-20.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Unread 05-08-2019, 06:42 AM   #342
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,343
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
Man my .02 for what it's worth...

If the motor isnt going to get you the speed you want at the rpm they will support you have two options.

Sell it for a loss and buy one that will or

Run it as is at the rpm you want and if it craps out replace it or have it rebuilt to better suite your needs.

I would think you would be fine running it at 5-6k you'll be surprised how little you actually go that fast anyway. The only real killer of these motors is heat. Short bursts of 5-6k rpms isnt going to heat them up. I'm on pavement 99.9 percent of the time and I bet my average speed is 15-20.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The top speed at about 34 MPH is fine with me. Especially since most of my riding will be off road, I'll rarely ever go up to that speed.

I'm just wanting to be able to have the choice to put the motor to it's limits. Not knowing the specs on it, does not allow me to do so. I find it very weird that they sell a performance motor, but don't give you the specs to be able to dial in the performance. I'm new to this, but that just doesn't compute for me. Especially when you consider that the Alltrax came with 6k RPMs set for the "normal" user profile. So right out of the gate Alltrax sends their controller programmed at 2,544 RPMs over what Redhawk will warranty their motor for?!?!

I want to operate it within the limits of the warranty. Once the warranty year is up, then I'll see what it can do.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2019, 09:42 AM   #343
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,343
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Thinking of removing one of the front leaf springs on my Madjax 6" HD a-arm lift. The setup is two leafs stacked going from side to side. I am wanting the suspension to be a bit softer, than it currently is.

Here is a link to the lift I have: https://www.golfcartking.com/mjfx-cl...s-1982-2000-5/

Just thought I would see if anyone else has done this, before I do it. To see if the juice is worth the squeeze. Has anyone else done this with their lift? What were your results?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #344
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,343
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Thinking of removing one of the front leaf springs on my Madjax 6" HD a-arm lift. The setup is two leafs stacked going from side to side. I am wanting the suspension to be a bit softer, than it currently is.

Here is a link to the lift I have: https://www.golfcartking.com/mjfx-cl...s-1982-2000-5/
Been waiting to find out cost of new bushings, before I try taking out the small leaf spring. Nothing wrong with mine, but their blue, and I want them to be black. They want $46... Think I'll try plasti dip. If that doesn't work I'll find a close match of size that are cheaper.

Hope to try it by this weekend...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2019, 07:44 AM   #345
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,343
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Wanting to put an Inclinometer on my buggy. Been looking around a little and finding that most have very low customer ratings. I'm wanting to get one that is simple and will show pitch as well as roll.

Anyone care to share what inclinometers they have and give a rating?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #346
Gone Wild
 
BBBHC's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 1,343
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Have not been able to do any riding in the cart for awhile. Decided this morning to power up the BMS and check the pack voltages. All the readings are 3.960 at the highest, and 3.945 at the lowest. I'm going to leave the zeva system powered up for a while to see if it will balance the cells closer together. I'm wondering if the system will still balance cells in sleep mode? I don't see anything on the website that speaks to this specifically. Seems like it should, otherwise what would really be the point of having a sleep mode really...

I did order and receive an inclinometer. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. Just need to find time to figure out how and where I want to mount it...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2019, 07:37 AM   #347
Gone Wild
 
Jkerle's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: West Columbia Texas
Posts: 841
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Have not been able to do any riding in the cart for awhile. Decided this morning to power up the BMS and check the pack voltages. All the readings are 3.960 at the highest, and 3.945 at the lowest. I'm going to leave the zeva system powered up for a while to see if it will balance the cells closer together. I'm wondering if the system will still balance cells in sleep mode? I don't see anything on the website that speaks to this specifically. Seems like it should, otherwise what would really be the point of having a sleep mode really...



I did order and receive an inclinometer. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. Just need to find time to figure out how and where I want to mount it...
I would be itching to drive that thing!

I don't believe it balances in sleep mode. It does continue to monitor and will shut down completely if voltages get to low. Sleep mode at least in my opinion allows you to quickly turn the BMS on via a switch and not have to interface with the BMS directly. It also allows you to turn the monitor off while the cart is parked or in short term storage. Long term I would turn it off completely. I had my extra cells riding along with no interaction for over a year and the lowest of the 2 was 3.74v.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #348
Gone Wild
 
DaveTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Pa.
Posts: 3,348
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

I don't believe the ZEVA does any cell balancing during sleep mode. I think the main purpose of sleep mode is so the ZEVA doesn't continue to draw power from the pack in order to stay on.

I think the balancing occurs in the few hours after a charge. I always leave my unit on for at least 3 hours after a charge before I switch to the sleep mode.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2019, 01:20 PM   #349
Gone Wild
 
Sergio's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 7,315
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

Previous versions of the Zeva documentation described the balancing process to last for 1 hour, likely to prevent heat buildup on the BMS unit and reduce chances of problems due to component failures.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2019, 02:39 PM   #350
I've always been crazy
 
NCPW's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,643
Default Re: 92 CC DS gas, convert to lithium electric rebuild thread

I have tested this and found that the ZEVA DOES balance while sleep mode is activated.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
1976 Model D Complete Rebuild Thread Gas Harley Davidson
convert electric to gas Big Block Talk!
2006 IQ Club Car convert to high volt lithium Lithium Club Car
Convert gas to electric Electric Club Car
convert from electric to gas Electric golf carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.