Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Plum Quick Motor Upgrade? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=60629)

maddog24 02-25-2012 10:34 AM

Plum Quick Motor Upgrade?

Has any body upgraded to the Plum Quick Bandit Motor on a 2007 President Club car, and if so how much more speed did you get and torque? I did E-mail Plum Quick motor's and they said i would get about 4-5 more mph with keeping the stock controller. I just would like to here from some one on here who has done this upgrade and see what they think about the upgrade.

Thanks Maddog24

eaglesdad1 02-25-2012 10:48 AM

Re: Plum Quick Motor Upgrade?

1 Attachment(s)
How about a speedylink ? I upgraded and will be selling the one I have . Very easy to install , and only takes a few min. to do ! It took my cart to 20.6 MPH
I am not trying to take anything away from Plum Quick, They are great from everything I hear, Just A cheaper way to go if you only want a little more speed ! Ken

maddog24 02-25-2012 10:55 AM

Thanks but i all ready have one installed, and i am running about 20-21 mph also. I am really looking at upgrading to the Plum Quick motor.

Thanks

eaglesdad1 02-25-2012 11:07 AM

No problem, which PQ motor are you thing about ? I am thinking about the "The Executioner" But am also looking at a D&D motor, Just don't know what way I will go yet Ken
opps, looked back at your first post and seen the bandit !

ForBruce 02-25-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog24 (Post 692887)
Thanks but i all ready have one installed, and i am running about 20-21 mph also. I am really looking at upgrading to the Plum Quick motor.

Thanks

just curious.... why you want to upgrade you already get 20-21mph.

are you looking for more torque or speed. If speed you will need better brakes.

i have a 2005 precident with a 500 amp controller (limited to 425 amps ) and i get speed and more torque....

note i have 4-12 volt batteries and when i cruse down the road at over 20mph.... the batt's get used up a lot faster....

I myself am unfomfortable with carts stopping power at over 20mph..so i seldom drive that fast.. i mainly use it for crusing around the campground where you are not allowed to speed. The increase torque helpsgoing up hills and when i have 4 passengers.

maddog24 02-25-2012 12:35 PM

I am looking for both, i do need a little more torque when i have 4 big people onboard. But i just can't stop upgrading i guess that is the real deal. Plus i just want to stay one step ahead of my Buddy's that have Carts too.

erict 02-25-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog24 (Post 692934)
I am looking for both, i do need a little more torque when i have 4 big people onboard. But i just can't stop upgrading i guess that is the real deal. Plus i just want to stay one step ahead of my Buddy's that have Carts too.

Spoken like a true male..:thumbup:

ForBruce 02-25-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog24 (Post 692934)

Hell..then you need to upgrade to a FLUX CAPACITOR

eaglesdad1 02-25-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForBruce (Post 692953)
Hell..then you need to upgrade to a FLUX CAPACITOR

FLUX CAPACITOR.......forBruce, tell me where I can get one and I am in !:mrgreen: :lhmo::lhmo:

scottyb 02-25-2012 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sell this little upgrade kit for $290,000.00 :lhmo: :lhmo: :lhmo: