Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   97 TXT pedal not responding sometimes (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68776)

redfro 08-14-2012 12:29 PM

97 TXT pedal not responding sometimes

My son has compained a couple times that He will press the pedal and the cart doesn't respond. He said He can then let off and press again and it will go. The batteries are freshly charged, and I can't get it to duplicate the problem when I ride it. Is there a common fix for this, or is this kid crazy?

rib33024 08-14-2012 12:41 PM

Re: 97 TXT pedal not responding sometimes

PDS or series?? where is the F/R switch, do you have a row/run switch on the controller cover?

redfro 08-14-2012 01:23 PM

I should have mentioned it was a Series Cart. I have put new cables,HD F&R switch, Alltrax controller, PQ Motor, HD Solenoid, and Batteries. It has worked fine for a few months, and my son said it happened last night, and again this morning after riding a while. He said he would push the pedal to the floor, and nothing would happen. Then it just started working again.

camaroluvz28 08-14-2012 02:42 PM

Could be the microswitch under the floormat not working properly...thats where I would start...

scottyb 08-14-2012 03:08 PM

You need to establish if when the cart does not go, is the solenoid clicking (engaging) or not. That will narrow the possible problems. If the solenoid is clicking and the cart won't go then the peddle box MS could be okay.

redfro 08-14-2012 04:10 PM

I will try and get it to do it while I'm driving, and listen for the solenoid click. I found a cheap microswitch, and may just replace it since it's probably 15 years old.

redfro 08-16-2012 02:06 PM

I am waiting on the microswitch to come in, and have been unable to get the pedal to totally not respond while I'm driving like my son complained about. I have noticed that sometimes it seems to only go half speed while driving. I replaced all of the short battery cables between the batteries right before this problem started. I had the key off and cart in nuetral, but didn't disconnect the cables to the controller while doing the cable exchange. Do you think I messed something up?

camaroluvz28 08-16-2012 02:19 PM

I seriously doubt you messed anything up if you didnt cross any wires or spark anything...on a series cart there is no service mode so not likey...I would however make sure all your battery connections are tight, a loose nut can cause post to melt and cart not to function properly.

redfro 08-16-2012 05:12 PM

Several of the battery cables sparked when while they were being taken off and put back on, but I thought this was normal?

yurtle 08-16-2012 05:40 PM

On a series cart, that's the only way you can do it, when you think about it. It's really just a loop, and anywhere you disconnect or reconnect a cable, you're simply breaking or making the loop, so you should be fine.