Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1998 EZ GO Electric TXT (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=36906)

ganderson79 08-10-2010 08:25 AM

1998 EZ GO Electric TXT

Have the above EZ Go, customer hit a bump and stopped working. They replaced the solenoid, which made a clicking sound then nothing. I found a loose cable on a battery post that was melted a little. We have 38Volts on the batteries but machine doesn't move. Looking for a wire diagram to make sure they hooked all wires up correctly and some assistance on what to look for.

Paxdad 08-12-2010 07:43 AM

Re: 1998 EZ GO Electric TXT

Look in the sticky section above for wiring diagrams.

ganderson79 08-12-2010 08:05 AM

I have the wire diagram and everything is connected correctly. When I jump accross the solenoid to the red wires, the solenoid/unit runs like it should except it is always on even with the key is off

scottyb 08-12-2010 08:36 AM

Check the micro switch in the peddle box.... is it getting power in and power out?

ganderson79 08-12-2010 09:37 AM

No power to the foot switch

scottyb 08-12-2010 09:39 AM

Check the key switch

rabbitreborn 08-12-2010 06:00 PM

Use this as a guide for the power: Trace what you have until you find where you are losing power.

Txt solenoid activation
power starts on the white wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
the red wire travels back through the loom to the forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the forward and reverse switch.
The power then goes through a 4 pin molex connector and travels to the "pedal box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the controller/f&r area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.

ganderson79 08-13-2010 07:39 AM

They way you laid this out is AWESOME! I have worked on many machines and you made this very easy! I checked at the reed switch and no power coming out of it! I ran a jumper accross the white to the red and the solenoid get activated. I will replace the reed switch.
Many thanks!

rabbitreborn 08-13-2010 09:13 AM

just bypass the reed switch. When you charge it in the future, loop the charger cord through the steering wheel.