Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   1988 Five Clicks with no movement (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=83693)

cwhill 08-01-2013 12:24 PM

1988 Five Clicks with no movement

Greetings everyone. I've got a 1988 Club 36V car. Was running fine. I replaced all batteries last year and battery cables as well. The car has been great until last week. It simply stopped moving altogether. I can hear and feel all 5 solenoids clicking as I cycle the accelerator pedal but absolutely NO movement. I haven't jacked it up yet and direct jumped any solenoids as I didn't want to fry anything. I've been reading through as many of the "Clicking" posts as I can find. I was thinking of just replacing all 5 solenoids to begin with as I'm sure it would be good for it, however locally I can get one in stock. So is there an easy way to tell if it currently is just one? Or is it even a solenoid (s) issue. Because all 5 are clicking I assumed that meant they worked but I've read on here that may not necessarily be so? Also parts place asked if the cart was a V-Glide but I have no way of telling that. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
Also for reference all batteries have good gravity readings and good charge.

cwhill 08-01-2013 04:30 PM

Re: 1988 Five Clicks with no movement

1 Attachment(s)
Well after some more poking around and starting to take things apart it was pretty easy to identify the issue here.

93yellowclubcar 08-01-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwhill (Post 914401)
Well after some more poking around and starting to take things apart it was pretty easy to identify the issue here.

That'll do it! Likely all 5 are just as bad and brittle from my experience. Best to replace em all :thumbup:

Also, welcome to BGW!!

jakesnake27 08-01-2013 05:04 PM

Yep that'll do it! :lhmo:
Welcome to BGW :thumbup:

cwhill 08-22-2013 03:16 PM

Sadly I replaced only the broken solenoid and the cart still exhibits the exact same problem. I get the 5 clicks when pressing the pedal and nothing else. Would a bad solenoid still click? I figured because they were clicking they must be conducting power or is that a completely wrong assumption? I just ordered the others to do them all now but I'm hoping I don't replace all solenoids and then have the same clicking problem and no go... :help:

93yellowclubcar 08-22-2013 09:33 PM

A clicking solenoid is not always a good solenoid... The deceptive little buggers can make a nice crisp pop and still be bad. Darn things get so brittle from the heat, and on those carts from the hundreds of thousands of times they've opened and closed. I'll bet the 5 new ones will fix your problem. :thumbup:

cgtech 08-22-2013 10:44 PM

I would replace all, but test the one to the far left in your picture. It is the main "master", check for voltage on the busbar side with the pedal down.