Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hot Wires (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=8336)

captmike 09-15-2008 03:52 PM

Hot Wires

Hi
Sorry I posted in wrong arena-little confusing!!
I have a 91 club car i bought not running and the wires keep getting hot when i hook battery up-I'm assuming something is wired wrong-can anyone cast some light on this subject?
Thank you in advance and I hope this is posted correctly.
Mike

shadowman 09-18-2008 05:32 PM

Re: Hot Wires

since you posted in wrong forum is it gas or elec.? is it a club car? and what wires are getting hot.................................8)

captmike 09-19-2008 07:31 AM

It is Gas.
Sorry about wrong forum.
It seems whenever I connect hot lead from battery, all the wires start getting hot to solenoid, to starter/generator and to volt regulator.
I have disconnected battery ground and cleaned terminals.
I bought this as nonrunning and all I have been able to get is some clicking noises out of the volt. reg. It has not turned over yet.
I replaced volt reg and solenoid with no success
Any help is appreciated.

shadowman 09-19-2008 02:11 PM

don,t take this the wrong way but have seen it many times are you sure your hooking the battery up right? pos cable to pos and neg cable to neg? i have never run into the problem your having and thats the only thing that comes to mind....................................8)

GLEEMO 09-20-2008 10:05 AM

Check each Battery, to make sure yoy dont have a shorted Battery in the pack. I dont think this is the case because if you have a club cart Charger
it will trip and not charge if there are Battery problems.

Take a picture of the Batteries as you have them wired and post here !

agsbill 09-20-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmorrison (Post 95925)
Check each Battery, to make sure yoy dont have a shorted Battery in the pack. I dont think this is the case because if you have a club cart Charger
it will trip and not charge if there are Battery problems.

Take a picture of the Batteries as you have them wired and post here !

I believe in a post above he said it was a G A S cart....

Bill

GLEEMO 09-20-2008 07:07 PM

OOPS :thumbup: thanks bill !

scottyb 09-20-2008 07:31 PM

Okay :lol: We are pretty sure we got a gas cart? Club Car? When you connect the single battery all the main wires get hot. Correct? If not all a bunch. Right? Get some pencil & paper or tape and marker. Whatever your choice is and mark the starter wires so you can take them off move them around and still be sure of which one went where. Take pictures! Got that ? Now do it to generator and voltage reg wires. Basically all of the major leads. There aren't that many. Now you can do this one of two ways from here. You can disconnect everything, hook up the battery, and start putting everything back in the order the battery juice goes until you get a spark or hot wires. Or you can disconnect one thing at a time and reconnect the battery each time to see when the short stops. I hope this helps :wink: It might not be the best way but it worked for me once. LOL