Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Star and Fairplay (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   08 Fairplay EZ 5.5 doesn't move (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=84329)

fang16 08-16-2013 11:16 AM

08 Fairplay EZ 5.5 doesn't move

I have a 2008 Fairplay EZ 5.5. It had a burned out controller when I got it so I replaced it with an Alltrax DCX (same that was on it). It has a steady green light when power is applied. Got a code 5 red light (open field) but only once then it went away on next power up. The cart doesn't move. With rear wheels jacked up sometimes the wheels will jerk a little. The forward/rear switch appears to work but doesn't light up. There is no burnt smell at the motor and gets barely warm to the touch after a while. 50 plus volts at the batteries and motor. Now here's the kicker, the motor has a speed sensor hanging off it but there is no speed sensor wiring on the cart. The motor is an Advanced Motors and Drives part# EV6 or G? 4001, class H, serial #648, rating AU2500, dated 8/15/2011 so it's obviously been replaced.

Is there a way to remove or bypass the speed sensor? As I think this may be causing the problem or does it matter if it's connected or not?

scottyb 08-16-2013 11:59 AM

Re: 08 Fairplay EZ 5.5 doesn't move

First things first
Does the LED light on the Alltrax light up when you try to go?
Does it flash green or red? How many times of each ?

fang16 08-16-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 920195)
First things first
Does the LED light on the Alltrax light up when you try to go?
Does it flash green or red? How many times of each ?

It stays a steady green

scottyb 08-16-2013 03:28 PM

Call alltrax tech support maybe they can help

fang16 08-21-2013 03:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 920250)
Call alltrax tech support maybe they can help

Called Alltrax and they were glad to help. After running some checks over the phone they determined that the motor was bad. Pulled the motor and took it apart. It had self destructed. Here's some pix of what I found. Never seen an electric motor do this.
I emailed AMD all 6 HD pix and asked them what they thought. No reply as yet. Only been about 8 hours.

freemurray 03-14-2015 07:45 AM

can you take a look at my post? I have a 2008 fairplay that wont do anything. turn key and nothing.... has 48 volts and the F/R switch lights up but does nothing! please help. Mine has a Kinetek controller and I have found nothing on these so far. thank you