Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2008 ezgo RXV-elec. braking solonoid (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=75748)

ROUGHRIDER 02-05-2013 02:56 PM

2008 ezgo RXV-elec. braking solonoid

When I turn the cart to reverse the reverse buzzer is real faint and the cart will not move. I can let off the throttle and the buzzer will get louder. Then when I hit the throttle again you can hear the breaking solonoid click and the cart will move. Have I got a breaking solonoid problem? :help:

lococummins 02-05-2013 02:59 PM

Re: 2008 ezgo RXV-elec. braking solonoid

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUGHRIDER (Post 835611)
When I turn the cart to reverse the reverse buzzer is real faint and the cart will not move. I can let off the throttle and the buzzer will get louder. Then when I hit the throttle again you can hear the breaking solonoid click and the cart will move. Have I got a breaking solonoid problem? :help:

I dont think you have a problem...I think you are trying to hit the accelerator pedal too quickly when putting it reverse. Mine will do that too.

JB

MiltonC 02-05-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lococummins (Post 835613)
I dont think you have a problem...I think you are trying to hit the accelerator pedal too quickly when putting it reverse. Mine will do that too.

JB

Mine also. Just give it a sec before you hit the gas in reverse.

Melonbuster 02-05-2013 08:39 PM

Also happens if you go past rev and then come back. Computer has to figure out what you want

ROUGHRIDER 02-06-2013 10:21 AM

Is also losing power while riding it. You can mess with the keyswitch and it will go. But it doesn't seem to be a keyswitch problem.

lococummins 02-06-2013 03:10 PM

Any burning smell as it is slowing down? Does it ever get to where it will not go at all??

PinballDad 02-11-2013 06:56 AM

I have an 2008 rxv too. Where is this braking solenoid at? Half the time my cart will not move in F or R. I always hear a click though at the solenoid under the seat when the key is turned on. Is that the same solenoid as the braking solenoid?

Thanks

ROUGHRIDER 02-13-2013 02:55 PM

Maybe I used the wrong name or was mis-informed. From what I have been told, it is the electric motor brake on the end of the motor. Sorry for the confusion. And from what I can figure on my cart. If your foot is on the brake ever so lightly, the RXV will not move. I have had club cars prior and am just learning.

PinballDad 02-14-2013 09:22 AM

I really hope someone does answer concerning the relays and how many are on an rxv cart. I really need to know the total and location so I can check them all and not miss any.

Thanks,

PBD

rlockett 02-14-2013 12:10 PM

2008 ez go rxv elec just stops then goes again bat voltage 99% sometimes when turn off switch and turn back on it goes again