Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Car Precedent 05 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=118884)

disc_geek 05-31-2016 11:02 AM

Club Car Precedent 05

I am attempting to remove the two separate plastics in the front "glove box" are of my Precedent. The piece that is on top, and trims out the steering column has 3 or 4 push pins that I have removed. BUT, this piece does not seem to come out unless the piece below it is removed. The piece below has 3 10mm screws, one on each side of the cart...these are visible. The other is in the center and is not visible due to the plastic the covers it....that can not be removed. I guess my question is, what is the trick for removing this "hidden" center screw that is near impossible to get to. Thanks for helping with my headache!!!

TahoeDawgZ71 05-31-2016 03:41 PM

Re: Club Car Precedent 05

Pics would be very helpful. I can tear a Precedent apart blindfolded, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what hidden screw you're talking about.

Htownblue 05-31-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disc_geek (Post 1280103)
I am attempting to remove the two separate plastics in the front "glove box" are of my Precedent. The piece that is on top, and trims out the steering column has 3 or 4 push pins that I have removed. BUT, this piece does not seem to come out unless the piece below it is removed. The piece below has 3 10mm screws, one on each side of the cart...these are visible. The other is in the center and is not visible due to the plastic the covers it....that can not be removed. I guess my question is, what is the trick for removing this "hidden" center screw that is near impossible to get to. Thanks for helping with my headache!!!

Unless you are removing the body cowling and upper part of the glove box, you are going to have a nearly impossible time. I'm unsure if that is what you have done.
Remove the roof, front roof supports and windshield, arch shaped trim piece, and from plastic cowling cover (body). Then remove the top plastic cowling covering glove box area. Then you can plainly see and get to the entirety of all the plastic in the "glove" box area.

disc_geek 06-01-2016 07:53 AM

Htownblue, I think you have hit on what I feared. I have watched some videos on taking that part of the "glove box" out, and that piece of trim that the ignition panel attaches to is what I am talking about. But there is a possiblility that this hidden screw isn't re-installed sometimes so that this trim can be removed easier, not that I agree with that practice, but it seems to be the case. This screw is under the inner panel of the glove box. I will get some pics and see if I can get them up here.

Thanks for the help from you and TahoeDawgZ71. Just getting into this golf cart thing so im sure I will be seeing you guys again!