Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   key switch will not turn cart off (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=54282)

hrndz69 09-12-2011 09:13 PM

key switch will not turn cart off

i have a late 90's electric club car that stays on all the time which discharges
my batteries and also will not allow my charger to complete its full charge. i have tried to put a toggle switch and still does the same thing. i have even disconnected all wires going to key switch and still the cart has power!
please help!

scottyb 09-13-2011 12:00 AM

Re: key switch will not turn cart off

It sounds like the solenoid is welded shut ~ time for a new one of the same ratings & voltage

hrndz69 09-13-2011 07:37 AM

thanks scotty i will check into it today! and post outcome.

shadowman 09-13-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 621123)
It sounds like the solenoid is welded shut ~ time for a new one of the same ratings & voltage

have to agree sounds like the dreaded soleniod..................................8)

hrndz69 09-13-2011 08:24 PM

checked the solenoid and it was no good. so i will have to order another one.
i have another ?. there was a black cable from one of the big terminals to the
the other big terminal of the solenoid. could this have caused it to go bad?
and also the negative side of the sixth battery is shorting out on the frame
of the golf cart like it was a positive side of the battery. why is this? sorry
that was 2 ?s. and thanks for the info.

shadowman 09-14-2011 08:24 AM

where does extra 6 gage cable connect to? and how is the battery shorting? do you mean touching the frame? if so than yes correct that ................or if you know why regardless correct it...................................8)

hrndz69 09-14-2011 08:45 AM

yes, shadowman, it is shorting out at any part of the frame, they have a black negative wire coming from the negative side of battery going thru the OBC and to the B- of the controller and another wire going to the charging receptacle. looking at the wiring diagram, the black wire from the receptacle should go to the OBC, right? trying to fix this cart for a freind, so any help would be useful and appreciated, thanks, sergio

shadowman 09-14-2011 10:08 AM

both the 6 gage cable that runs from neg. terminal of #6 battery and thur the OBC and the 10 gage wire should go to B- on controller..............thereshould be no extra cables mounted to the soleniod unless someone was trying to bypass something for some reason but both of those wires go to controller..................................8)

hrndz69 09-14-2011 08:04 PM

now what about the black wire coming from the charging receptacle? doesnt that go to the OBC or will that go to the b- of the controller?

shadowman 09-14-2011 08:59 PM

yes........................................8)