View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
mcannon321
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 Batt Shift. Room for Big Lester. PICs

I bought the 1050 Watt Summitt charger, and sure enough it was too wide to fit in the battery well. I got to thinking (dangerous) and decided that if I could change the 4 + 2 battery config to a passenger 6 pack, I could create enough room for the charger and a little converter to supply 12 volt power. I had the cart stripped down for cleaning and rust touch up, so there was lots of room to work. (see pic 1) When I test fitted the charger, I found that the battery divider rib prevented the charger from sitting squarely on the battery tray. I got brave with the 4" grinder and removed about 3" to 4" of the vertical plastic (see pic 2). This allowed the charger to be properly positioned/mounted (see pic 3). All that was left to do was place the 6 batteries in the "passenger 6 pack" config and reconnect the batteries (all in series of course) with the existing cables. I disconnected the original charger port and connected the Lester Summitt II. The cart is all cleaned up and now sports the best On-Board Charger in the biz. (See Pic 4). I am fabricating a 1" x 1" box steel frame to support an extended roof next. After that, 3" lift and some Biguns' Thanks, Mike C.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cleanup.jpg (201.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Grind For Clearance.jpg (192.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Room for Lester.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Together Again.jpg (197.6 KB, 0 views)
mcannon321 is offline   Reply With Quote